New Moderators: Sewingalot and mistergreen! - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #46
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

The more 'knowledgeable' members were probably asked and they turned down the position.

Plaintbrain probably get asked every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (93/100%)

You don't need plant knowledge to enforce forum policy.

I wish we didn't need moderators at all, and in an ideal world, that would be the case, but until then, we chose Form and leave the substance to you guys.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #48
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
i applaud the efforts of the planted tank to make this forum a more enjoyable place to be a member of. you couldn't have picked two nicer members.

although, i am left wondering why a more knowledgeable member wasn't chosen.(no offense to sewingalot and mistergreen - you guys rock!)

my point is that i feel like some of this communities more knowledgeable members are posting less and even not posting at all. this is kinda disheartening because this forum is only as strong as it's members(and those who moderate it).

anyway, i guess i was just left wondering why the administration went with form over substance here.
Unfortunately, your words are hard not to take offensively. It is not, nor has it ever been, my intent to dishearten anyone by being a moderator. I am also truly sorry if my presence as a moderator upsets any of the members of the board.

My goal is to make this a friendly and fun place to learn. Whether or not I have extensive knowledge is irrelevant in my opinion. Those of us who do not have a strong background but still can manage to have planted tanks that they are proud of. That is my goal and only my goal. I never cared whether or not I learn everything perfectly, this is a hobby to me.

With that being said, if you represent the others and Kyle wants me to, I will step down and let someone more knowledgeable take over.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:36 PM   #49
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
The more 'knowledgeable' members were probably asked and they turned down the position.

Plaintbrain probably get asked every day.
Nope. First choices.

Quote:
My goal is to make this a friendly and fun place to learn. Whether or not I have extensive knowledge is irrelevant in my opinion. Those of us who do not have a strong background but still can manage to have planted tanks that they are proud of. That is my goal and only my goal. I never cared whether or not I learn everything perfectly, this is a hobby to me.
Well said.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #50
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccreedy View Post
Nope. First choices.

Well said.
I kid... I tried to diffuse this back handed compliment. But I'll choose to take it as a compliment.

I wouldn't worry about it, Sewingalot.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #51
oldpunk78
ಠ_ಠ

PTrader: (105/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
Unfortunately, your words are hard not to take offensively. It is not, nor has it ever been, my intent to dishearten anyone by being a moderator. I am also truly sorry if my presence as a moderator upsets any of the members of the board.

With that being said, if you represent the others and Kyle wants me to, I will step down and let someone more knowledgeable take over.
hey now, calm down.! i am not questioning your ability to moderate at all.

that wasn't my concern.

this opinion is just mine. it just makes more sense to me to have moderators that can help answer tough questions as well as keep the peace in the forum. that's all.

and... i did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings, and i apologize if i did. after reading glenn's post up there, i understand that the administration picked the people they thought best would suit TPT's interests.

honestly, i did not want to stir anything up here. i just didn't get it.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #52
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

Mistergreen and myself can help answer tough questions with the best of them. Many times, Mistergreen has taught me important aspects of the planted tank. Daily, I learn a new technique or idea. However, does it matter if I take route A over route B and we both get to destination C?

I also feel that it is important to encourage others to learn at their own pace and not to judge their abilities. Further, my aquariums and amount of RAOKs I have given (many at my own expense) prove that I am capable of helping others.

I now implore you and everyone else to see past my shortcomings and give me a chance before passing judgment.

And with that note, I am done discussing this matter.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #53
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

Sewingalot has been an active poster in my journal, and has helped me a lot with questions that i was unable to find answers for anywhere else in this forum. I think she is more than fit for the job, and i appreciate her dedication to the forum.

That's all i have to say. Thanks sew!
Old 06-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #54
Coltonorr
Many plants...little time

PTrader: (57/100%)

I have to say...everyone on this forum is here to learn and help out. This hobby is constantly changing, and being tweeked.
sewingalot and mistergreen didn't end up with well over 1000 posts by knowing just a little bit. Are there people who know more? maybe but there is also alot of people who know alot less. I find it kind of funny that someone would think that sewingalot isn't knowledgeable! I mean damn, did you sit down with her and go over the checklist of "planted tank knowledgability"?
No one here knows it all. There is just too much to know and new things are discovered all the time...comments like that...just show a lack of...well...knowledge!

Last edited by Coltonorr; 06-22-2009 at 08:15 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #55
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Quote:
I now implore you and everyone else to see past my shortcomings and give me a chance before passing judgment.
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Both of you are well experienced hobbyists, fair minded, and not cliqueish, snobby, or self serving. That goes a long, long way. Trust me.
RAOK Club #1
Kindness like love is unconditional
Old 06-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #56
Jeff5614
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)

And who can say no to this face anyway?????????? lol

Old 06-23-2009, 02:08 AM   #57
redman88
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmccreedy View Post

Ah, the "Arm pit of the US" aint all that bad once your nose hairs disintegrate. Remember, we have the Sapranos... we have "special places" for visitors like you.
i thought El Paso, TX was the "Armpit of America"?
Old 10-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #58
HolyAngel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel

Is there an easy way to see all the mods on this site? Surfing through the memberlist is a bit ridiculous :p
Old 10-07-2011, 12:11 AM   #59
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/bo...moderator.html
Old 10-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #60
HolyAngel
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Send a message via AIM to HolyAngel

Awesome thank you gatekeeper! Bookmarked this time