FS: male Blue Ram $5 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > South Carolina

Old 07-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

hmmm, i just put flake in there in the morning and alternated frozen brine shrimp and blood worms in the afternoon. i think the flake was gone by the time i got home from work, though. I use New Life Spectrum freshwater flake.
prjct92eh2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Yea I've tried flakes and even chiclid pellets but he just turns his nose up to them. Did you ever see him actually eat the flake?
Clemsons2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2009, 01:12 AM   #18
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

no because it was right before i left for work and the lights were off. feed him only flake for a couple days. he'll eat it eventually haha.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 AM   #19
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I tried starving him for 3 or 4 days and that didn't do anything. He doesn't even look at the flakes or pellets. I also have been putting one flake in there and leaving it but it ends up sinking and getting eaten by the shrimp since he ignores it. I give up haha. Guess hes just gonna be spoiled
Old 07-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #20
prjct92eh2
Planted Tank Obsessed

oh well. only other thing you can do is try another type of flake. who knows!
Old 07-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #21
Raiden
Planted Member

PTrader: (17/100%)

I used to feed mine cichlid pellets, but now he doesn't eat those anymore. He switched over to eating these cichlid crisps. My ram also goes after algae wafers and hikari pellets. He also goes after the flake food I feed my gold pristella tetras but looks like he spits it out right afterwards. lol

**I suggested starving him for a couple days and then feeding the food you want him to eat here but saw that you tried that already**

You can also try mixing in flake food with whatever you feed and increase the ratio of flake to other food each week. Not sure this will work or not, but doesn't hurt to give it a try. RCS will clean up whatever he doesn't eat anyways.

I have been wanting to keep shrimp with my ram, but was afraid he will eat them all. Seeing this gives me a bit more confidence to try keeping shrimp with him.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #22
Clemsons2k
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've tried feeding different types of food at the same time but he still just goes for the good stuff, haha. I tried freeze dried bloodworms with some success yesterday. I just don't know if those are healthy for him to eat. I've heard mixed things about feeding freeze dried.

And it depends on the ram's personality when it comes to the shrimp. As long as they have enough hiding spots they should be fine. My ram will chase them if they make sudden movements but they always get away and are pretty much ignored if they stay still.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.