Please advise: good T8 reflector?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 07-08-2004, 01:03 AM   #1
Andrew
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Please advise: good T8 reflector?

Does anyone have a recomendation of a good reflector to use for 4 36" T8's in a 2 by 2 pattern? That is two rows of two stretched out over a six foot span. Thanks!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 07:12 AM   #2
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (168/100%)

Hi Andrew, welcome to the Planted Tank!

I don't know any commercial ones available for purchase. There is one with a flat back, but the shape isn't really good for reflecting light into the tank.

There are excellent ones for T5 bulbs, but they don't fit the T8 ones.

www.ahsupply.com sells reflectors for power compacts which might be a good solution. 4 of the reflectors for their 96W kits should do some nice reflecting. I believe they sell them separately for a reasonable price.

A cheap solution would be to use white 4" PVC pipe, cut it in half, and place each single bulb inside.

Other members have probably better solutions, I know that one (Steve?! where are you?) is using polished alu reflectors for T8's.
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:47 AM   #3
Andrew
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks for the reply, and the welcome. Sorry it took so long for me to reply to my own thread! Between work and painting the house....

I kind of figured I may have to end up DIYing something. The AHSupply idea is a good one, I will check that out.

Monterey, eh? Nice area. I used to be at Ft. Ord before they closed it down. The turned it into a University, didn't they?

Thanks again!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote