How about we try to get a STL based club going? (SLAPS) - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 01-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #61
Binxter

PTrader: (0/0%)

How about we try to get a STL based club going? (SLAPS)

not sure if anyone still reads this, i am new to the hobby but am obsessed, would like to talk to other locals interested in the hobby.
Binxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #62
bubblesgoup
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Ill chat with ya buddy! I'm always for meeting new locals.
I'm from Pevely, MO in Jefferson County which is 30min south of St. Louis County.
Been in the hobby for about 10 years. Havent really met anyone around my area that is really into the freshwater hobby. Lots of people around here are really into saltwater setups. I started off with saltwater but took too much of my time and money. Not a whole lot of LFS around either. I talk to the guys in Tropical World Pets every once in a great while but their price tags are a little too high for my taste so i'm not in there much. I would love to keep this thread alive so we could all have a meet. If you guys want to meet up at my place im cool with that. ill provide the food and drinks!!
bubblesgoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #63
Nakinata
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)

Hey guys! It really is difficult finding freshwater breeders in Saint Louis, I have a difficult time finding the fish I want here from locals or from LFS. I've been breeding endlers for a year or so now and I'm currently trying to find some apistogrammas.
Nakinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:08 AM   #64
Secretninja
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I will see if they have any apistogrammas for you next time I go into Malawi Aquatics. I will probably be in there later this week to stock my brothers new 40b. Any specific sp you are looking for?
Secretninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #65
Nakinata
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)

Thank you! And I think I'm looking for cacuotides, please do let me know if you find them.
Nakinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #66
stlouisan
Algae Grower

so is SLAPS a no go?
stlouisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:47 PM   #67
travisk
Planted Member

PTrader: (37/100%)

Where exactly would the club be? How often would you have meetings? I live an hour and a half away from St.Louis so don't know if I could even attend meetings. But I have lots of plants, some knowledge and would love to know other hobbyists in my area. Online is the only way I have met anyone with the same enthusiasm as me. What would be some topics of interest to discuss? Just wondering, gas is expensive these days, so I have to justify going.
travisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #68
DWFISH
Algae Grower

Hey everyone! big weekend for the Masi group. look up http://www.missouriaquariumsociety.com/ for more info. I know here is a big auction this sunday. Also to let everyone know we are hosting the AGA here this year. So if you want to be on board with that come to the Masi meetings and you can help out when it is here. The convention will be NOV 1-4.

DEREK
from Barnhart,Mo
DWFISH is offline   Reply With Quote