How about we try to get a STL based club going? (SLAPS) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 07-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
TheOtherGeoff
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)
Send a message via AIM to TheOtherGeoff Send a message via MSN to TheOtherGeoff

holy hell there are more then 2 people for STL on here now...amazing

75 Gallon Planted discus has come to an end.......but only for The Trout Tank
TheOtherGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #17
vonjager
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Slaps

Hello St. Louis people. I have to be honest though, I don't have my planted tank set up yet. I finally got my butt in gear and started selling off my live rock to make the conversion. Anyone need any free plankton rich cycled aragonite? I started in aquariums in the 80's as I worked at pet stores through high school and college. I had 9 tanks at one time but am now down to two tanks and two terrariums and I think some more tanks buried in the shed somewhere. I am going to sell one 40 oceanic hex as soon as I take a picture to put it on Craigslist. Then I will have all the extra cash I need to buy everything I need. I already have a huge co2 tank and regulator. 440 watts over my 120g, but I need to replace the actinics. I traded my sump for a Rena XP3.

Anyway, I would love to be able to trade plants down the line or buy plants for when I do my new tank setup. There is this guy in downtown who sometimes sells plants on Craigslist who was doing diy co2, is one of you him? And I also really enjoy GOOD beer, so why not get a good beer somewhere? I would have to invite my husband though, he is the beer man with his own home brewing set-up. That is how I got the co2 tank and regulator, he won't be using it anytime soon because we don't have space for a kegerator.

Doesn't Brandon live in Fenton? I am near there so maybe Growlers pub say on a Tuesday night?
vonjager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)

Sorry I havent been on in a while I have moved, am currently trying to iron out my internet provider and just returned from vacation.

Looks like were building steam here. Cirrently my 37g tank is in dissarray because of the recent events and im trying to get it back on track. My shrimp tank is well and my 55 (still at the in-laws) is doing well too. Darn low-tech tanks you really dont have to do anyhing with them!

We all just need to decide on a place and date to kick this thing off.
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #19
jargonchipmunk
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Hey there. I'm nowhere near St. Louis (live in KC) but it's nice to hear that there are some enthusiasts semi-near me. Seems like KC with all its people is nearly devoid of planted tank owners. I know several I guess, but most of the aquarium crowd here is salt or freshwater "breeding" setups and fishrooms. If you guys start holding meetings, I'll have to make a trip every few months just to check things out/swap etc.

Good luck!
jargonchipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #20
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

I feel the same way JC, there has to me more people out there that are in to planted tanks (or maybe not)!

We'll get something figured out.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #21
Squawkbert
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

So sorry I didn't see this for a long time - I'm subscribing to the thread now, will keep posted on this as I may be interested. MASI auctions are nice and stuff, but they're infrequent and I'd be more interested in an occasional local swapping of plants now and then (though mailing 'em is highly convenient too).

Victor Regulator pimp #7, Eheim pimp #309
Squawkbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:42 PM   #22
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

Where are you in STL?
Old 09-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #23
Squawkbert
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Work: Webster
Live: IL (South)

Victor Regulator pimp #7, Eheim pimp #309
Squawkbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #24
nismo tetra
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFISH View Post
This would be great! I'm always looking for a local club. If you think you want to get something started you should check out MASI, the local aquarium club. I been in it for a while and it is great! They have a HAP program where you can earn points to get awards. There is also auction and shows. Here is a link http://www.missouriaquariumsociety.com/. There is a big handful of plant collector in the club.

i agree my dad is a member and I have gotten plants from the auctions before. It's a great way to get cheap cuttings etc. Its pretty much bid or be out bided. If no one really wants it.....1-2-3 bucks at its yours lol. They do fish to. I'm sure I will be going to a few when I am free from work and school since I just started up a 20 gallon.
nismo tetra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #25
vonjager
Algae Grower

I am subscribed now too....
Old 11-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #26
goalieman59
Algae Grower

Wow I am glad to see others from STL. I live over on the IL side of the river, but I make trips to the STL for car meets also. I just started my 125gallon planted tank, and have been trying to stop the gassing of my co2. I would be willing to have a meet at my house also sometime if people are interested. I dont have a whole lot that I can trade, as far as plants but I am always willing to learn.
goalieman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #27
vonjager
Algae Grower

I will be completing my 125 setup this weekend. I am filling up my co2 tanks at CeeKay today! Say, I bought two bags of Turface and only needed one to fill my 125 to 3 inches deep. Does anyone want this bag for say $5 so I don't have to return it?
Old 11-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #28
goalieman59
Algae Grower

There was a guy on craigslist who was selling 20lb CO2 tanks for 10 a piece. I bought 2 then I am going to exchange them for $25 at ceekay.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #29
vonjager
Algae Grower

Unfortunately I spent a lot more than that, I got one for $70 and another for $30 so a hundred bucks for 2 20# tanks. But oh well, I guess.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #30
goalieman59
Algae Grower

i was thinking about sending the guy an email and see if he still has them. If he does I might go get them.
Ehiem Pimp #390
2213, 2026, 2028
  • 125g Tall Frontosa
  • 90g African Cichlids
  • 55g Green Spotted Puffers
  • 29g Betta and Dwarf Frog