Scales in MD is Closing
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Maryland

Old 05-18-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
YSS
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Scales in MD is Closing

Scales, in my opinion, is one of the best LFS in the DC Metro area. It's too bad they are closing the doors. They are having a good liquidation sale. Great time to pick up supplies, fish, and plants at great prices.
- 20G Shellies
YSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
moogoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to moogoo

I'm not surprised they're closing. I was not impressed at all when I visited. Stock was few and nothing special. Equipment and supplies were overpriced as usual and the store overall was quite small.

I'd go check out their liquidation sale, but it's too far and probably not worth it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:16 AM   #3
YSS
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well, I thought Scales was better than most LFS in the area. I don't know where you've been that was so much better, but I've been to almost all of the LFS in the DC Metro area and Scales by far was one of favorites, in terms of live stock selection and pricing. They have marked at least 50% off on everything in stock. I picked up over $200 worth of stuff last week. Probably go back there again this week or next.
- 20G Shellies
YSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:42 AM   #4
ricoishere
Algae Grower

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSS View Post
Well, I thought Scales was better than most LFS in the area. I don't know where you've been that was so much better, but I've been to almost all of the LFS in the DC Metro area and Scales by far was one of favorites, in terms of live stock selection and pricing. They have marked at least 50% off on everything in stock. I picked up over $200 worth of stuff last week. Probably go back there again this week or next.
I agree 100%. I've been to all between B-More and Northeren VA. The cheapest one in Glen Burnie has poor stock, The ones in Rockville are the overpriced ones. The stok in scales is pretty good quality, and they have some of the best plants around.
ricoishere is offline   Reply With Quote