Bubbles from my Red Ludwigia
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 07-01-2004, 10:31 PM   #1
Dwarfpufferfish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Dwarfpufferfish

Bubbles from my Red Ludwigia

Hey group,
I just put a 36w PC fixture on my 10g. This tank has fluorite as substrate and a DIY co2 with a hagen ladder for diffusion. About 10 minutes after putting the new light on the tank (Upgraded from a 2x10w screw in CFs) the red luwigia started to bubble. I know you guys here on the forum call it pearling, but the bubbles are micro sized and float right up to the surface... Same thing?
Dwarfpufferfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #2
FiberCon
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Sometimes small "micro" bubbles can exit the plant leaves from damaged areas. Is it bubbling from only a few areas or the whole plant? Either way, the new light is what kicked it off and is something that I would think is a good sign.
Eheim Pimp #43 - 37g Oceanic Cube & Oceanic Contrast Collection stand, Coralife Aqualight 2x65w @ 6,700k, Eheim 2028, Eheim Surface Extractor, Milwaukee MA957 Regulator & SMS122 Controller, DIY Acrylic Power Reactor, ViaAqua Titanium Heater, Eco Complete

AquaLife - My Aquaria and Photo Hobby site
FiberCon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2004, 05:00 AM   #3
Dwarfpufferfish
Wannabe Guru

well the leaves are now pearling, and the small bubbles are kinda coming from many spots... but the plant was in ruff shape... the algae has kicked its butt for some time.... good news is, I have some crypts in the tank (just put them in a week ago) and there is no algea there, so it looks like it is not spreading anymore.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
Newkidonthetank
Planted Member

Send a message via MSN to Newkidonthetank

how much did that light cost? cuz i have the exact same thing, 100%flourite, 2 x10watt cf's and my ludwig doesnt pearl, the only thing tat pearls is the apogetons, and the lilys, oh and what recipie do u use for that ladder system, i cant seem to find a good one, and how often do u change it,
Old 07-02-2004, 02:48 PM   #5
Stranger
Algae Grower

It sounds like your plants will appreciate the new lighting.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
Dwarfpufferfish
Wannabe Guru

Search Drsfostersmiths.com you can find some CFs for a decent price. And for the CO2 I use the store bought formual, and recharge it when the bubbles slow greatly
-------------------------------------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.