LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 89
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 AM   #1321
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Were those butterfly plecos at win actual L168's or hill stream loaches and how much were they?
Not sure, it said butterfly pleco. maybe it was a regular and they just dont take off the labels. but the bristlenoses had long fins and some were turning non-albino... Also, i got a female betta, and it is listless at the bottom of the tank in a corner. fine in the store, acclimate and pop it in, looks like its on death's door!. its with a male betta, but it flared for a minute or two, but now its bored and shows absolutely no interest. no nipping, flaring, nothing. always was a calm guy. but im going to return it for store credit or my money. i will get one from petco cus they have more variety and disease doesnt spread that easily in tiny cups. (btw, look up petco rainbow mill PETA it will shock you, but fish cant be beaten really and only some species need super special diets and care). anything you guys want me to look for, speak up cus im trading in my betta at Win tropical and also getting one from Petco. So Petco and Win are going to be scanned for you guys. Tell me what you want to see! And quickly!
Robotponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 01:59 AM   #1322
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

Oh to the guy who wanted lyretail mollies, they have them at the Petsmart in Soho. They look like this: http://fishworld.com.au/87-103-large...molly-5cm-.jpg most of them. Petsmart: baby fish: someone gave me them, no questions, another said: "only 18+", another said buy a fish first...
Old 10-20-2011, 02:06 AM   #1323
koldsoup
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)

I'm pretty sure the 'butterfly pleco' at win are gibbiceps, at least that's what their 'butterfly plecos' were in the past.

I thought you weren't suppose to put male and female bettas together, only for those brief hours when they're mating...
Old 10-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #1324
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

From what I understand Petland Discounts are doing the Petco $1 per gallon sale. I think it goes up to 75 gallons.

I wouldn't put a male with a female unless she has been conditioned, he's built a nest, and she has a lot of plants to retreat to. Also did you test the water she was in compared to yours? Win fish are WAY healthier then Petcos. Matter of fact, Wins dead fish are healthier then Petcos live fish. Sorry I went off track.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #1325
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

I think he wanted swords.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotponys View Post
Oh to the guy who wanted lyretail mollies, they have them at the Petsmart in Soho. They look like this: http://fishworld.com.au/87-103-large...molly-5cm-.jpg most of them. Petsmart: baby fish: someone gave me them, no questions, another said: "only 18+", another said buy a fish first...
Old 10-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #1326
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (55/100%)

HONEY GOURAMIS!

been waiting and waiting for the union square petco to restock...

Quote:
Not sure, it said butterfly pleco. maybe it was a regular and they just dont take off the labels. but the bristlenoses had long fins and some were turning non-albino... Also, i got a female betta, and it is listless at the bottom of the tank in a corner. fine in the store, acclimate and pop it in, looks like its on death's door!. its with a male betta, but it flared for a minute or two, but now its bored and shows absolutely no interest. no nipping, flaring, nothing. always was a calm guy. but im going to return it for store credit or my money. i will get one from petco cus they have more variety and disease doesnt spread that easily in tiny cups. (btw, look up petco rainbow mill PETA it will shock you, but fish cant be beaten really and only some species need super special diets and care). anything you guys want me to look for, speak up cus im trading in my betta at Win tropical and also getting one from Petco. So Petco and Win are going to be scanned for you guys. Tell me what you want to see! And quickly!
szenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #1327
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

token expired 5 times!!! No petco. Win has honey gouramis. Later I will post more. Sorry!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #1328
Mr. Limpet
Planted Tank Obsessed

Petco Union Square has Honey Gouramis - the gold chuna, not the red labiosa , & CPDs at least twice the size of the ones they usually have.
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #1329
d.rock
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
... (btw, look up petco rainbow mill PETA it will shock you, but fish cant be beaten really and only some species need super special diets and care)...
Ugh, that made me sick to my stomach. Last time shopping at Petco or Petsmart.
d.rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 AM   #1330
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)

I stopped by Aqua Hut today on Long Island before visiting some friends. They have a bunch of interesting stuff for sale.

2 inch roseline sharks $10 3/$27
3 inch roseline sharks $14 2/$25
Cardinals $0.99 each
Electric Blue Rams $17
Celebes Halfbeaks $6 3/$15
Red-nose shrimp $4 3/$10

It's off exit 64 on the LIE in Coram for those who are interested.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #1331
leviathan0
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Sorta random, but I noticed Petland Discounts started carrying Deep Blue tanks recently. They don't look any different than regular old Aqueon tanks, black rims/frames and all, but they do come in two interesting sizes that might make interesting nano setups:

12L x 6W x 6H (basically a standard 2.5g with 2" chopped off the top)
8L x 4W x 8H
leviathan0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #1332
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (55/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
Petco Union Square has Honey Gouramis - the gold chuna, not the red labiosa , & CPDs at least twice the size of the ones they usually have.
Thanks! I'm looking for the gold honey gourami(colisa chuna also) that have the dark coloring on the underside (wildtype?). They has some maybe over 2 months ago.. Should've purchased then doesn't seem like they'll get them again anytime soon. The ones they have now they're calling honey sunset gouramis; don't have the dark under bellies..

I also saw something called halfbeak live bearers? Quite interesting. Also they were selling seahorses! Ive never seen a lfs sell those..
szenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #1333
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post
Thanks! I'm looking for the gold honey gourami(colisa chuna also) that have the dark coloring on the underside (wildtype?). They has some maybe over 2 months ago.. Should've purchased then doesn't seem like they'll get them again anytime soon. The ones they have now they're calling honey sunset gouramis; don't have the dark under bellies..

I also saw something called halfbeak live bearers? Quite interesting. Also they were selling seahorses! Ive never seen a lfs sell those..
Hmm, dunno. Win's are actually gold gouramis and they have red eyes. thats all i know
Old 10-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #1334
Mr. Limpet
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post

Just to be clear, Petco has the gold honey gouramis, not the wild type. These are the ones every Petland carries. The males bellies get slightly blue, but not the midnight blue wild type males get. The last time I saw wild chuna at an LFS was last December at Royal Aqua World. I snapped them up, of course, bred them, & have some surplus males, if you're interested. They can be crossed with gold type females, & the resulting offspring will be mostly wild type
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #1335
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.rock View Post
Ugh, that made me sick to my stomach. Last time shopping at Petco or Petsmart.
I know right? NEVER buy their animals (but rescue the puppies!) except fish. but it is my only option for supplies, and it wont make much of a difference if you buy fish supplies.