LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 55
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 12-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #811
OoglyBoogly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firescaper View Post
Oh, poor poor badis. I bought fish from New World Aq before, never sick. Their tanks are usually in very good shape. How are they doing?
I did a water change, gravel vac etc and the male is no where to be found! I'm not sure if it was fish TB b/c the male fish just looked really emaciated. I put the female in a different tank and she seemed fine yesterday but I couldn't find her today. I think the spine looks distorted in the pic b/c I had them in one of those round quart soup containers when I took that pic. The employee is the one who found the fish after moving some rocks around so I didn't actually get a good look at the male until I was home. They had goby's in the tank that looked ok. I'm surprised about the fish too b/c it seemed like such a quality LFS. It's the first one where I've seen regulators (milwaukee) and PH probes etc right where you check out.
OoglyBoogly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #812
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoglyBoogly View Post
I did a water change, gravel vac etc and the male is no where to be found! I'm not sure if it was fish TB b/c the male fish just looked really emaciated. I put the female in a different tank and she seemed fine yesterday but I couldn't find her today. I think the spine looks distorted in the pic b/c I had them in one of those round quart soup containers when I took that pic. The employee is the one who found the fish after moving some rocks around so I didn't actually get a good look at the male until I was home. They had goby's in the tank that looked ok. I'm surprised about the fish too b/c it seemed like such a quality LFS. It's the first one where I've seen regulators (milwaukee) and PH probes etc right where you check out.

Man too bad. I've been meaning to get some neon blue Badis out in centereach for $7. I know its a trek for most, but my parents live out there so it's not a big deal for me.
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #813
gordonrichards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (334/99%)
Send a message via Yahoo to gordonrichards

Looking for a good local source for Crystal Red Shrimps. I'm starting another 2 4 gallon tanks and require some new stock.

-Gordon
gordonrichards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #814
lopez_316us
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonrichards View Post
Looking for a good local source for Crystal Red Shrimps. I'm starting another 2 4 gallon tanks and require some new stock.

-Gordon
Hey I have some extra CRS that I can give you. If you want to come to Astoria, they are yours. You can see pics of them in my 5.5 gallon journal. I have from A to SS.

Best,
lopez_316us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 AM   #815
gtu2004
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez_316us View Post
Hey I have some extra CRS that I can give you. If you want to come to Astoria, they are yours. You can see pics of them in my 5.5 gallon journal. I have from A to SS.

Best,
is this offer for a couple people or only for gordonrichards? I would definitely want some

thanks for your generosity anyway.
gtu2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 AM   #816
DavidZ
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Fishtown USA - has a bunch of nice ottos for like 3 for $3.50
Apistos agassi (good looking) a pair for $20 - good deal

Pacific - had some nice Angels - not cheap
Couple tank raised, what we call balloon GBRs also got in a large shipment this Sunday
DavidZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM   #817
Firescaper
Algae Grower

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoglyBoogly View Post
Sorry about your fishies, OoglyBoogly. It's one of the best stores in the area, too bad badis were starved or sick. Another possible factor might have been the ph swing from their tank to yours - their tank pH is 6.2, I was slowly acclimatizing a dwarf puffer from there for 2 days to my pH 7.2.
Firescaper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #818
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/95%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtu2004 View Post
is this offer for a couple people or only for gordonrichards? I would definitely want some

thanks for your generosity anyway.
Ditto
bklyndrvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #819
timobxsci
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Where to find proven discus pairs? And also nice CRS. I heard Win Tropical has them. Is that true?
timobxsci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #820
heydude819
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (32/100%)

yup win has some crystal shrimps. I think it is $10 each
heydude819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #821
xev11
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Petco Union Sq has a bunch of CPDs for the usual 3.99.
They also have a few cherrys for $5 and a couple blueberries left for the usual price (forgot what it is).
Unfortunately 2 or 3 tank sections have dead and sick fish but overall its not too bad.

Petland Nassau has big German Blue Rams for around $20 each
xev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 AM   #822
heydude819
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (32/100%)

$20 wow...Might as well just wait for Win to restock their tanks. They sell it for 6.50-8.50 depending on the size.
heydude819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #823
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xev11 View Post
Petco Union Sq has a bunch of CPDs for the usual 3.99.
They also have a few cherrys for $5 and a couple blueberries left for the usual price (forgot what it is).
Unfortunately 2 or 3 tank sections have dead and sick fish but overall its not too bad.

Petland Nassau has big German Blue Rams for around $20 each
When did they have them? Maybe I will stop by tomorrow .
Old 12-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #824
xev11
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

I went on the 12th at around 4pm. I bought 5 cpds and already 2 are dead and 1 is missing. (might be my fault but i did do about a 2 hr acclimation)
xev11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #825
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, Good new and bad news.. Bad news is that they didn't have any, and the guy who was there said that he hasn't seen any in the tanks in weeks (he could be wrong). Good news is that I probally saved about $20 or $30 from buying fish that are going to die on me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.