LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 52
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-09-2010, 01:48 AM   #766
OoglyBoogly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICfish View Post
They were selling them for 3.50 a bunch. I don't think there are many left though. The guy there can tell you what the plants are. I don't think there are too many left though. There weren't that many to begin with and I bought quite a few. At least the sunset. They also have the green variation.

I noticed plants that were very small and spread out across multiple plant tanks that resemble this today. I guess that is the sunset hygro... But I'm not sure since I remember the leaf shape and the pinkish color mixed in with the green on the same leaves.

OoglyBoogly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #767
heydude819
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoglyBoogly View Post

Oh they also have the $1 cardinal tetras (I thought I saw someone mention that they no longer had them). There were only a few dead in the tank but I didn't see any ich on them. Also I went to see if they had Hygro left but then I realized that I completely forgot what that looks like. Lol sorry for the fail.
Are you definitely sure that they were cardinals and not neons? I've been looking for them for the past month.
heydude819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2010, 03:02 AM   #768
LICfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoglyBoogly View Post
I noticed plants that were very small and spread out across multiple plant tanks that resemble this today. I guess that is the sunset hygro... But I'm not sure since I remember the leaf shape and the pinkish color mixed in with the green on the same leaves.
Yeah I saw them spread out as well and when I asked the guy there, he showed me a different tank with bunches of them. I really like them.
LICfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #769
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Win has cardinals for $1 (I purchased some for a friend today) also had nice size crystal shrimp $10each and the super red sakura (sorry if I spelled it wrong) shrimp for $2.50each.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #770
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

its far out, but magic isle in centereach had various badis badis for about $6. they had red, black, neon blue, and some other "variations". anyone know about crystal gouramis? they had those which looked cool. they also had a lot of sterbai cories for about $5 i think. imma go back tomorrow anyway.

i also saw an apisto for $7 i think. surprising trip overall.
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #771
leviathan0
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

Royal Aqua has Echinodorus vesuvius and some other plants that are escaping me right now. They also have a pretty big Echinodorus Frans Schowhatever, and it's got a runner sent to the surface firing out babies like some sort of floral Octomom. Nothing seems particularly healthy though. Reef Aqua about 10 blocks over had a tank full of Violet Gobies.
leviathan0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 04:28 AM   #772
jeffvmd
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Anybody seen any green neons around NYC?
jeffvmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010, 01:09 PM   #773
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/95%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckwzrd View Post
Win has cardinals for $1 (I purchased some for a friend today) also had nice size crystal shrimp $10each and the super red sakura (sorry if I spelled it wrong) shrimp for $2.50each.
Ditto.. I was there on wednesday and they are defiantely cardinals for $1. They are tiny, but look healthy. I stood there for about 30 minutes looking through the CRS tank hoping to find a berried one nothing like trying to get some bonus babies Too bad, didn't find any, but picked up some hikari blood worms. He sells them for $3 each I think.
bklyndrvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #774
heydude819
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (32/100%)

The Petland Discount on 49st and 9th ave (midtown) had some really healthy oto's for $1 each. I bought 6 today.

Although this is a retail chain, the guy who helped me did a great job catching the fish. There was a sticker on the tank above the otos that said PEARL DANIOS for 88 cents! I asked the guy if they were CPDs and he said it might be, but he has never seen them in stock.
heydude819 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 02:14 AM   #775
leviathan0
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/100%)

I'd imagine the Pearl Danios are Danio albolineatus, pretty common stock for Petland Discounts.
leviathan0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #776
OoglyBoogly
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydude819 View Post
The Petland Discount on 49st and 9th ave (midtown) had some really healthy oto's for $1 each. I bought 6 today.

Although this is a retail chain, the guy who helped me did a great job catching the fish. There was a sticker on the tank above the otos that said PEARL DANIOS for 88 cents! I asked the guy if they were CPDs and he said it might be, but he has never seen them in stock.
Heh yea I discovered the otos at the petland by me about 2 weeks ago... they will even order it for you if you ask... they were supposed to order a bunch for a friend and I but they forgot... If you contact them wednesday morning they will order their fish that day for Thursday delivery. The guys by me were really nice and let me look at their list but I don't really know what I want yet... just trying to deal with a massacre of shrimp atm in my tank... UGH
OoglyBoogly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 02:10 AM   #777
jeffvmd
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Got 4 otos yesterday at petland on 50th st and 9th in midtown since its near where I have my classes at.
jeffvmd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #778
FDNY911
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Went to the House of Fins in CT, found the ada soil at 45 for the 9L Bag of AS 2. Worth the trip if you want to just look. $20 for 1 CRS. This place is stupid expensive! About 5-6 $ over normal prices on everything. 6.99 for neon tetras! EACH!!!!!!! I know this is the NYC thread but its 15 Minutes from the BX.

New Journal:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...20-gallon.html

Old Journal:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...en-down-4.html

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #461
Two 2217s and 2215.
FDNY911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #779
bklyndrvr
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (20/95%)

Did they have AS 1? What's the going rate for AS now a days anyway?
bklyndrvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #780
FDNY911
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

They didn't have AS 1 but AS 2 goes for 44 per 9L. Comes out to be about the same with shipping from other places. So much conflicting info online I still am not sure which one is better.

New Journal:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...20-gallon.html

Old Journal:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...en-down-4.html

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #461
Two 2217s and 2215.
FDNY911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.