LFS New York City update... BETA 1.0 - Page 115
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 02-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #1711
Bk828
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (45/98%)

Petco on flatbush and utica has BN plecos. I saw about 4 in the tank. $3-4/each

Bk828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #1712
Mr. Limpet
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Win has restocked the cardinal tank, but there seems to be only a handful of green neons mixed in. They also have a bunch of fat, healthy looking Boraras maculatus or micros for 2.00 ea..Pacific has nice threadfin rainbows of both sexes for 4.99 ea. or 3 for 9.98 & some mystery apistos for 3.99.
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1713
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
Win has restocked the cardinal tank, but there seems to be only a handful of green neons mixed in. They also have a bunch of fat, healthy looking Boraras maculatus or micros for 2.00 ea..Pacific has nice threadfin rainbows of both sexes for 4.99 ea. or 3 for 9.98 & some mystery apistos for 3.99.
mr limpet this might be off topic but i love the pair of killies you traded me! thanks again soo much, i hope the plants are workng out for you.

Sent from my iPhone

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #1714
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Win is just too awesome. Win for the win! :P I want those microrasboras so badly. I noticed he got pond snails, but seperated most of his trumpets into a separate tank thank god. I need to get some for my friend's birthday present. It's a bowfront betta tank with a lid, any suggestions for fauna besides the betta? (besides a new tank and filter lol)

Also, a question. I have a 1 gallon shoebox in the window. Without water, it is around 60 F. Is that too cold for Boraras maculatus to breed? I would prefer not getting another heater, but I am getting 2 azoo palm filters from drfostersmith for my 5 gallon and this one. If not, any other suggestions? Baby goldfish from Win? This will mainly be for breeding (more in the summer, but I want to get started Oh, and 123 aquarium gave me a good handful of riccia for $3. YAY! That is super cheap! :P It is very pale since there was only lighting from the room, my cheap 14 watt will bring it back to life.
Robotponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 AM   #1715
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
I guess I'll go pick up some boraras tomorrow.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #1716
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotponys View Post
Oh, and 123 aquarium gave me a good handful of riccia for $3. YAY! That is super cheap! :P It is very pale since there was only lighting from the room, my cheap 14 watt will bring it back to life.
im gonna have to visit the 3 shops today during my lunch hour. thx
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #1717
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

crappp, need to go to WIN asap, too bad they close at 6.
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #1718
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Just came back from chinatown. wow its been a while since my last visit. Win has those Micro rasboras which are really really really tiny and would be great for my plant tank i figured i can wait to see how things go as they have hundreds in stock.

Win had a golf ball size java moss for $5. apart from that, none of the stores there had any interesting plants.

ended up picking up some small stuff from Aqua Star on Mulberry. I totally forgot about 123 aquarium, maybe another day
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #1719
Wicket_lfe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Wicket_lfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Just came back from chinatown. wow its been a while since my last visit. Win has those Micro rasboras which are really really really tiny and would be great for my plant tank i figured i can wait to see how things go as they have hundreds in stock.

Win had a golf ball size java moss for $5. apart from that, none of the stores there had any interesting plants.

ended up picking up some small stuff from Aqua Star on Mulberry. I totally forgot about 123 aquarium, maybe another day

I'm a fan of aquastar, you can net your own fish, and his prices are so arbitrary, $3? $5? sure whatever. lol
Wicket_lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #1720
nazspeed
Algae Grower

Default Win does it again!

Win for the win with me also just picked up 10 sakuras and 10 more cardinals 2 panda cories( just love the look ) and he threw in some frogbit and some unidentified plant? and duckweed thats man RULES!!! and im serisuoly considering a tank for the microrasboras maybe there safe with the sakuras.... anyone want to chime in? did anyone see his tiny cardinal tank next to the register only weekly water changes and no filter or heater. 25% change a week only and no ferts or c02.

Im going back next week those microrasboras are burning a hole in my pocket right now! and I got some insider info for you guys hes bringing back cherries within 2 weeks just make sure you leave me some....lol.

123 had a few fish but the only interesting thing was the german bllue rams (win has them also for less but smaller )and the discus small but only 22$ if they had snakeskins i would have brought a pair of the small ones i dont wanna buy old adult $85 dollar fish so they die in a few months.
nazspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #1721
Jeromeit
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Whats @ aqua star?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1722
Cokers
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeit View Post
Whats @ aqua star?
Its the fish store at Mulberry street
It's one of my favorite LFS, though i wouldn't hurt for him to install better lighting and get rid of the roaches
Cokers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #1723
gtu2004
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeit View Post
Whats @ aqua star?
lol, we should've met there yesterday. i went there before we met to get some live blackworms for my dwarf puffers.
gtu2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #1724
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

Although it was a hassle taking out the bus and train from Eastern Queens, it was worth the trip to Win to get the Dwarf Rasboras. I purchased 10 and I ended up with 11 in the bag. There are at least more than a hundred left in the tank if anyone is worried about not getting any. Other than that, there was a tank full of cardinals and he had no more Sakura shrimp in stock.

I stopped by Pacific and the only things that were interesting were:
Multi-striped loaches (Yunnanilus cruciatus I think, not sure) $5 3/$10
Cherry Rasboras ( Rasbora lacrimula) $3.49 3/$7
Neons $2 3/$4
They also had bunches of Hygro kompact for $5 each.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #1725
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

Last time I got snails he gave me closer to 20! He wasn't busy at all and showed me he's a real person by joking around with some kids about snail soup lol. Definetly my favorite pet store.
Robotponys is offline   Reply With Quote