The Planted Tank Forum banner

Trouble with new eheim 2126

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sn8k 
#1 ·
:icon_frow Well, so far I'm not overly impressed with this equipment but hopefully things will get better. I finally got it all set up. The priming was cumbersome but eventually the filter filled up with water. I plugged it in and all I got was a clicking noise. I went to the manual and there are three reasons listed for this problem.

1) not plugged in
2) broken shaft
3) dirty/clogged impeller

It was definitly plugged in and I tried other outlets. Its unlikely to have a clogged or dirty impeller (although I'm going to check) that leaves only a broken shaft.

Luckily Dr.Fosters and Smith are fedexing a new one on monday for delivery Tuesday. If I only change out the canister I should have it up and running shortly.

#3 ·
Nope, the shaft is not broken but it is running. I took it apart and opened up the pump chamber and looked at the impeller. There was nothing there stuck in but when I put it back together it ran. Go figure!

#4 ·
Things can be like that sometimes Shay!

My experiences in life have taught me that you can't be too quick to give up on something!

In situations like you experienced, sometimes it is best to just take a second, take a step back, and then try it again. Who knows, the filter might not have primed properly or, more likely, it might have been airlocked.

Either way, I am glad you got it all sussed out!

Mike

#5 ·
Yeah, sometimes the impeller just gets very slightly out of kilter (off-center) and will give you the same indication (sound) that you would have if the shaft was broken. Same thing when you get an air lock - hard to say what the real problem was. Happened to my old Fluval all of the time... glad to see you got it all sorted out :proud:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.