Ever have a really bad week?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 06-11-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ever have a really bad week?

So this has not been a very good week for me, at all.

Last friday I was bitten by a black widow spider, and I have been experiencing some rather painfull and lingering effects ever since (Severe muscle pain, chest pain, fevers, etc).

Then to top it all off my girl and I split on Saturday. Icing on the cake I tell ya.

Oh well.. it can only get better...
GDominy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2004, 09:40 PM   #2
amanda huggenkiss
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that Gareth. All of it.

I had an entire year like that one time. I swear, it was one thing after another (including some sort of contaminant getting into my tank and the bulk of my fish dying off). I thought it would never end. But it did.

wannacomewith.com
amanda huggenkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 10:58 PM   #3
cich
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via MSN to cich

That all sucks a lot, Gareth .... the week for me, I've had two complete mental breakdowns, been very suicidal, the next three weeks I'm going to be on general anesthetic 8 times for a treatment, things don't even START with me for girls (the one I fell for is avoiding me I think), I dropped out of school for this three weeks, and yeah.... such is my life

--cich
Old 06-11-2004, 11:10 PM   #4
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

Cich... I'm accutely bi-polar... I understand where you are coming from (probably better then most).
Old 06-13-2004, 04:33 AM   #5
Daemonfly
Planted Tank Obsessed

What's worse, really bad weeks here & there, or my years of "not perticularly good weeks"?
Daemonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:42 PM   #6
George Willms
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

I've been there before too. Sometimes it seems like everything just happens at once. I'm sorry to hear it Gareth and Cich too. I wish you both better times very soon.
Ehfipimp extraordinaire!
Eheim Pimp Club Recruiter, Saergant at Arms, and Enforcer.

29 and 45 gallon. 2026, 2028
My 29 gallon tank
George Willms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:24 AM   #7
jart
Wannabe Guru

hey gareth and cich,

hope the new week is ushering in better times (at least monday's over with anyhow). it's funny how sometimes things look different from a different perspective, i'm thinking gareth's got it made, look at his tanks, he must really be on a roll (i have visited your website several times for inspiration). i know there are times when people think everything's ok with my life and things couldn't seem to be worse. so sorry to hear about your previous week, things will be looking better soon, if not already. and cich i always enjoy reading your posts as well. remember, have a seat for a half hour in front of that planted tank, that's my remedy.

regards
jart
jart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:06 AM   #8
cich
Wannabe Guru

Thanks so much, everyone (Jart, George, Gareth).... it means a lot.

Gareth: Bi-polar? Ugh, not fun you're in my thoughts. I actually suffer from severe depression, occasionally psychotic... To a point at least, I know what you're going through too. I'm getting shock therapy (ECT), the first of which was just this morning... still recovering from the anesthetic, hehe...

Jart: looking at my tank gives me a headache because of the severe over-growth and lack of maintenance lol I totally agree though.... aquaria are excellent therapy

P.S.
shock therapy causes short term memory loss.... I appologize in advance if it becomes evident here (e.g. double posts, etc)

--cich
Old 06-15-2004, 03:38 AM   #9
GDominy
Planted Tank VIP

CIch, having been through shock therapy once.. I can sympathize. You have my utmost support, and hey if you ever need to chat just drop me a line... I know how everyday life can feel really overwealming. I'm always online... I don't sleep either (and hey were in the same time zone, same province even).

I have been riding a rather out of control manic high Ever since the end of february that pushed me to indulge into some of my rather bad habits. In fact its why my girlfriend left me, I realy lost control of myself and my behavior was really erratic. I have severe side effects to many medications so I havent been on meds since November. I decided last week that I would rather deal with the side effects of med's then affect the lives of everyone around me.

I take a rather potent cocktail of Lithium and various Anti Psychotics. I'm one of those rare cases that isnt treatable using conventional methods (or normal doses). I hate being on Med's, but, I hate hurting people more.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #10
cich
Wannabe Guru

Thanks so much man... I really need people like you in my life....

--cich
Old 06-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #11
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well got to say have been in a similar position. Years ago I was a lawyer and at home on a Sunday and woke to a strange thing going on in my mind. I could not stop thinking about how snowed under I thought I was. Within hours I was in hospital being told that I was having a complete mental breakdown. And I did go nuts for a while

After nearly a year off work I went back to law only to find that the same thing happened again.

So I thought I would go back to the ceiling game (building work where I started) and here I am now, a successful owner of a ceiling business with heaps of stress but better able to cope with it. The legal training comes in handy for contract related stuff, and what our obligations are.

You see, I think that the things that can happen to us, are there to strengthen us and make us thankful for what we do have. When I look back on my life and all the awful things that have happened (and there have been lots of really bad things), I am glad that I have had such a fortunate life!

Stick with your week, it happened for a reason, that may not be evident why yet, but it will. When it does you will think wow that makes sense now.

Paul
Eheim Pimp Club member #3: Scribe to the Eheim Pimp Club

90 gallon, CO2 dupla injection, Dupla substrate heating, Dupla Laterite with iron stone substrate, Aquastarlight future 3 x 150 metal Halides, Eheim 2026 pro2's and heavily planted with Discus
rumples riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 08:07 AM   #12
cich
Wannabe Guru

If I ever recover fully, I will indeed be a pretty strong person heh...

--cich
Old 06-15-2004, 08:48 AM   #13
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

You will recover. I was one of those people that the drugs did not work for at all. 1% of the population cannot take the drugs. I found that the mind is a powerful tool when it wants to be. Positive thinking works wonders. And; take each day as it comes. Recover is a day by day operation. All this happened to me in 1998. Six year later I feel pretty good everyday. I still have my down days, but I find something positive to do and it disappears. I really believe in this way of thinking. This illness is not a penalty.

Finally you can look at it the way I do, you can be a survivor or a victim. I chose survivor and I know you will too.
Eheim Pimp Club member #3: Scribe to the Eheim Pimp Club

90 gallon, CO2 dupla injection, Dupla substrate heating, Dupla Laterite with iron stone substrate, Aquastarlight future 3 x 150 metal Halides, Eheim 2026 pro2's and heavily planted with Discus
rumples riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #14
George Willms
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Wow....I suffered a mental breakdown in March of last year. I had a friend drive mt to the hospital and I ended up self-committing myself. I just woke up that day and couldn't deal with anything. It was like my world was collapsing in on me. I was sitting at work on the phone with a nurse at my health insurance company just crying because I couldn't take everything that was going on in my life at the time. Fortunately for me the meds work. I've been through a few different ones at different levels and have finally found one that seems to be effective for me. Plus some recent life changes I've made have also made me feel significantly better. I hate taking the meds too, but I'd rather feel better and suffer the side effects than not feel better. I wish you all the best of luck with your treatments.

On a side note, I'm wondering now if there is some correlation between depression and aquaria keeping, seems like quite a few of us are or were at one time suffering from it.
Ehfipimp extraordinaire!
Eheim Pimp Club Recruiter, Saergant at Arms, and Enforcer.

29 and 45 gallon. 2026, 2028
My 29 gallon tank
George Willms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:59 PM   #15
corigan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Willms
On a side note, I'm wondering now if there is some correlation between depression and aquaria keeping, seems like quite a few of us are or were at one time suffering from it.
I'm almost positive that there is. I know I use mine to relax to and have suffered from boughts of depression from one time to another.

Matt
Member #6 of the Eheim Pimp Club - 2 Eheim 2213 & 2215 w/ surface extractor, LiquidDoser and Auto Feeder.
corigan is offline   Reply With Quote