Wanted names of High Oxygen Producing Plants
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 05-28-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
nexstar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wanted names of High Oxygen Producing Plants

Reasonably new tank would like names of high oxygen producing plants.

Thanks

EPC Sig #28
25g Planted--
Eheim Pro 2126, Eheim Feeder, Milwaukee PH Controller, JBJ Regulator, solenoid and bubble counter for CO2 Injection,Mini Vortec Reactor, Rio 50 for surface , Flora Base, 74W lighting
nexstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
Buck
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (3/100%)

All healthy plants produce O2... its called photosynthesis
Old 05-28-2004, 02:25 PM   #3
malkore
Planted Tank Guru

Uh...ok, just about ANY plant under high light, with proper fertilization and CO2 levels will be a good oxygen producer.

If you want plants that pearl easily, look at riccia, glosso and hygrophilia species.
Filstar XP2 PIMP #3
Visit my aquarium pages - see specs on my tanks, and photos of how they've evolved
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:35 AM   #4
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Plants like Egeria and hornwort are sold as oxygenators for ponds. This is because they grow quickly submersed or floating. In the aquarium under strong light with C02 injected, they also grow very quickly and release plenty of 02. But so will many other stem plants
RAOK Club #1
Kindness like love is unconditional
Robert H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #5
nexstar
Algae Grower

Smile

Yes I would like plants that pearl easily but I think I have some in there. DOes this usually happen first thing in am when lights come on if CO2 is high or is it later in day when the high lighting has really gotten the production up.

I have some repens, bacopa, java fern, glosso, dwarf helzine, a small temple, tiger lotus, and dwarf sag. All are brilliant green of dense coloration. I have only been injecting co2 for 3 days. Ph is 6/6 KH4 so CO2 content is very good.
Minimal surface agitation. The stem plants are going strong have had to trim them time or two already and setup only 2 weeks old.

I am running tank with Ehiem 2126 pro, Turbo UV sterilizer, JBJ regulator, solenoid and SMS122 controller. 20g tank with 74w of 7100k and 8000K lighting. I also built a moonlight that comes on when main lights time off. Great for the tank as far as lighting effect goes.

Once tank is more established I will remove a couple of the zones of the stem plants and put something else in.

I have some Java Moss that I haven't put in but I am tempted to have never dealt with it before. Came from aquarium plant.com plenty is green and about 1/2 is brown. Will the brown green up with the above.

Any suggestions please feel free to make them.\

Thanks
Bob

EPC Sig #28
25g Planted--
Eheim Pro 2126, Eheim Feeder, Milwaukee PH Controller, JBJ Regulator, solenoid and bubble counter for CO2 Injection,Mini Vortec Reactor, Rio 50 for surface , Flora Base, 74W lighting
nexstar is offline   Reply With Quote