co2??? Questions on a 10
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 05-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
percula3
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to percula3
Question

co2??? Questions on a 10

Hello, everyone. I am quite new to planted tanks. I want to start a 10 gallon. I have no idea what a "co2 thing is so would somebody please tell me! But I would like to know what equipment I would need, and some low light, nice, hardy plants that I could have. I would probably have a couple tetras. Any information is apprciated!!! Thank you in advance. I also need to do this on a budget, I am 11 years old.
percula3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2004, 11:49 PM   #2
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (163/100%)
Lightbulb

If you are totally new to planted tanks, I would say don't worry about the CO2 yet. There are a lot of techniques discussed here that help plants grow faster, bigger and greener, but that doesn't mean that you need them to start a planted tank.
Start with the basics... a substrate, perhaps a bag of Eco-complete or Fluorite, and some light, maybe around 20W (fluorescent), and some hardy plants like Anubias, Java ferns, etc, and you should be off to a good start.
Once you get bored watching them plants, start reading about CO2 in 10 gal tanks, fertilizers, etc, all good stuff but not necessary from the start!
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2004, 02:32 AM   #3
trenac
Wannabe Guru

Here is some links that will help you get started...

DIY C02: http://www.thekrib.com/Plants/CO2/

LOW LIGHT PLANTS: http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_...=1&filter_by=2

GETTING STARTED: http://www.aquahobby.org/articles/e_plant.php
Old 05-22-2004, 06:05 PM   #4
percula3
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to percula3

Thank you for the very quick responses. I am looking into more articles, thank you!
percula3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.