Hybrid Aponogeton Bulbs - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 08-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #16
JCSX2

PTrader: (0/0%)

24 hours later and I have several bulbs sprouting, the only thing I can think of hat may have a positive effect is the water temperature. I do not air-condition my house and the tank is upper 80's F. I am attempting to post pics but am having trouble..

I have attempted these before and only thing different I can think of would be the higher temp.

As for fish I currently have a calico ryukin and a Black Moor, slowly adding fish as we get used to it again. I started this tank 1 month ago.

Peace

Jim
Definition of a Veteran. A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including his life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.
JCSX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #17
i'm a ninja
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I had a a bunch of those (like 6 or 7). They took about five days to sprout and eventually grow to be over 18 inches tall. I just tossed them in my tank and they sprouted.
i'm a ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:44 AM   #18
ezcry4t3d
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

I just packed up my bulbs to send in under the guarantee. The bulbs just floated at the top of my tank for over a month and never did anything. Hopefully the replacements will do something more interesting.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #19
ezcry4t3d
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Just thought I'd follow up, they take their warranty seriously.

I sent in the 3 or 4 dead bulbs I had gotten in the pack from Wal-Mart.

They sent me back 8+ live, wet, already sprouted bulbs. 2 were the red lily variety, the rest appear to be 2 different varieties of Aponogeton. All are doing well now. They shipped them by just tossing them still wet in one of the manila envelopes with the bubble wrap padding. lol

Took a while for me to get them back, but I'm glad I did. The red lilies are very striking. I'd post pics, but they look pretty much the same as the ones on their website, although mine are half that size so far.

http://aponolily.com/plants/
Old 10-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #20
Ariel301
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Some grow, some don't. They take about a week for me before they sprout, then they will grow several inches a day after that.

I did send some back to them to get the replacements once. I heard not a thing from them for months, so I decided they weren't going to send me new ones. Then six months after I mailed in my bad bulbs, a soggy paper envelope showed up in the mail. They took already growing aponogetons and shoved them into an envelope without any padding or moisture for them, and then sent them regular mail. I am surprised that they were still a little damp and actually survived that ordeal.
Ariel301 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aponogeton, bulbs, hybrid