My new site - Nanotank.com
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-16-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
nanoaddict
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hi guys - I love checking out everyone's plant tanks. I've got a few nano reef tanks and I've recently built a site similar to this one. Its main focus is nano (20 gallon or smaller) reef tanks. I would like to invite everyone to register and take a look around if you're interested.

The link below should take you there.

http://www.nanotank.com
nanoaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

Hey nanoaddict,

Nice site, although you already have some extremely stiff competition from other reef sites. I wish you the best of luck though.

Kyle
Old 04-18-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
nanoaddict
Algae Grower

Hey Kyle, yeah the competition is pretty stiff but hopefully some of my site's features will attract a few nanoreefers. I don't have most of the image size restrictions that some of the other sites have.

Great job on your site by the way. Everything is set up nice and clean. I really like your image hosting idea and I hope its proving to be successful for you. I might be contacting you sometime to do something similar at my site. Keep up the good work.

Old 04-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
nimmie
Algae Grower

Nice site you got there!
Eheim pimp #22!!
nimmie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2004, 02:07 AM   #5
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoaddict
Hey Kyle, yeah the competition is pretty stiff but hopefully some of my site's features will attract a few nanoreefers. I don't have most of the image size restrictions that some of the other sites have.

Great job on your site by the way. Everything is set up nice and clean. I really like your image hosting idea and I hope its proving to be successful for you. I might be contacting you sometime to do something similar at my site. Keep up the good work.
Thank you NanoAddict,

I look forward to future contact.

Kyle
Old 04-30-2004, 03:17 AM   #6
Kanto

Tried to get on nanotank.com but your site gave me this "error" :

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'nanotank.phpbb_config' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM phpbb_config

Line : 166
File : /home/nanotank/common.php
Old 04-30-2004, 03:26 AM   #7
Spammy
Algae Grower

ya I get the same error..I was looking forward to the site since I am considering starting a nano salt tank

Spammy
Spammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2004, 02:26 PM   #8
Aquaman
Planted Member

Works fine for me. Check your Comp. Settings.
Aquaman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2004, 11:08 PM   #9
nanoaddict
Algae Grower

Hey guys, sorry it took awhile to get back to you. Sometime around 10:30 AM on Tuesday (4/27) someone hacked into our server space and/or FTP site They apparently thought it would be fun to delete all my content, pictures and basically everything we had. Thankfully my host had a backup from the day before so two days later, everything is back up and running again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I think all of the users are still registered and if anyone has any problems, just PM me and I will try to get things back to how they were.

Its unfortunate that someone would actually do this kind of thing for 'fun'.

Old 05-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
Aquaman
Planted Member

Hey, Ive been to your site a few times now and Im hooked! You need to add a category for Planted nanos though so we can post some pics there. This site inspired me and I am currently putting together the fixings for a 5.5 gallon nano reef. i found the tank a few weeks ago and have been wondering what i would do with it, so nano reef it is!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:07 PM   #11
jonah
Algae Grower

Just registered on your site, it looks pretty easy to use, which I like. Hopefully it will be a success for you. I've kept a nano in the past and right now have a 20g long FO tank, but I'm setting up another 10g nano in the next month or so. One of my buddies from the club is setting me up with all the corals and I'll probably just keep a shrimp with them. It's going to be all low-buck/DIY for me, I lost a fortune when my 75g reef died a couple of years ago.
jonah 2:10

Oklahoma City Aquarium Association
www.okcaa.org
jonah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #12
nanoaddict
Algae Grower

Aquaman - your wish is my command as I've just added a Planted Tank section to the website. Please help get the ball rolling as of right now there is no content in that section and I'd love a few pics.

Jonah - thanks for registering and taking an interest. There is much to learn as you by now are realizing...got any planted tank pics to post?

For anyone else interested, just click the link below as I'd love to have a few pics of planted tanks at the site to generate interest in the hobby. I'm not trying at all to pull people away from here, just thought it would be neat to have a few pics to share to fellow nanoreefers.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:20 AM   #13
Aquaman
Planted Member

I will be glad to post some pics. Camera is currently out of batteries , will try and get them charged before this weekend. i am currently shopping for the 5.5 nano reef and trying to round up the various things needed. Found a place selling cured Fiji rock for 4.99lb if you buy 20lb or more. This stuff looks really good, caves built right in, lots of coraline and critters. Its in annadale Va. called Super Pets. PLUS live corals 4 for $100. Their fish tank prices cannot be beat. I bought my 90 gallon here.
http://www.annandalesuperpets.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.