Anyone from/near spacecoast? Brevard? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 11-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #16
manhatton
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm not near you guys, but I do travel the state quite frequently.
I was in that area yesterday and stopped in a place I had heard about. Not sure if any of you have been into, or have opinions about this place. It's called The Hidden Reef in Cocoa. As you can tell from the name, there's a lot of SW stuff. Like all of FL!! The guy there did say the he was going to get more into Fresh and planted stuff. And they certainly have the room! Not to sound like an ad for this place, but you gotta see their "back room". Huge. Also, they have a quite a bit of Malaysian driftwood of varying sizes, but expect to pay for it.
manhatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #17
Sandman333
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Sandman333 Send a message via MSN to Sandman333

Those look very nice and healthy tinah, the same variety that I have. Thanks for the plug manhatton, It's too bad I didn't know about it in October, I was driving right past it several times a week!
Sandman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
tinah
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Well, my kribs are gone. My two year old decided they needed more food, a lot more food, broke the child proof lock on my stand and dumped an entire brand new container of food into the tank. After several water changes, no one made it except my bristlenose pleco. I lost all the fry, the mom and the dad.

I like the Hidden Reef, I go in there at least once a month. I live right down the road from the place. I would like to see it get bigger tho.
tinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:22 AM   #19
Sandman333
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to Sandman333 Send a message via MSN to Sandman333

What a tragedy, and you had even employed preventative measures!

I'm sure the tank will be filled before you know it, do you think you'll go for more Kribs?
Sandman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 AM   #20
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Sorry about the kribs. They looked beautiful. Been to bussy with school and algea blooms to get much breeding done. The first 3 were not successfull but I have a feeling the next will be. They had about 100 little fry swimmin all around for about 5 days. Im thinking next time I will take half and grow them myself.

I might have a ton of little swords soon so I might be giving them away or trading or w/e. Since I'm not fertilizing (because of the algea) im not getting much growth from my stems... but when I do (If Ever) I should have lots to share =]

PS: Is that rockledge store still sellin stuff or did they sell out? I got some neat stuff there. Im getting most of my plants at the fish store by the merritt island publix on 520. Any other good places?
MikeP_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #21
jaidexl
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (42/100%)

Old-ish thread but.. I grew up in Melbourne and Palm Bay, graduated from Palm Bay High in '94. w00t1

But now I'm down in Fort Myers. I stop by once in a while to see the place and try to run into friends.
jaidexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #22
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

good to see even more people who come down here . Make sure to post your visits and if you have anything to trade. My tank is finaly taking off soo im crossing my fingers
Old 05-14-2009, 04:10 AM   #23
equi_design
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm in Satellite Beach! I usually go to Nahacky's Aquarium on US1 (close to 1-92). Very helpful people and they are great about ordering & stocking whatever I need.

I also love The Hidden Reef. I stumbled on it a few weeks ago. I wish they'd stock more tanks though. FW fish prices were reasonable in my opinion. But I didn't see too many plants & such.

I should have some duckweed, dwarf sag, wisteria and definitely some moneywort to trade soon. I'll post up when I've got it.

Cheers to us FW Floridians.
equi_design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:37 AM   #24
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cheers! Yea... Im recovering from a major algea problem but should be able to fix it up after friday... GRADUATION! Once i get things running properly I should have some stuff up for trade
Old 05-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #25
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Since I am about to be on summer break from school I'll be back down in the good ol' Brevard and will be settin up a tank for my pops! So i figured I should bump this

Any new stores open up?
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #26
night9eyes
Planted Member

Hey MikeP,
I'm in Brevard too. Melbourne to be exact. I don't know of any new stores opening up. What are you looking for?

EHEIM #460-- Eheim Pro II 2026
night9eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #27
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well I will be lookin for a place with bumble bee gobies but I might order them online. Haven't yet decided. I know there's a few LFS down there but have just driven past. Anything worth checkin out (especially for plants)?
Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #28
night9eyes
Planted Member

My favorite FLS here is West Melbourne Aquatics on Minton Road. The owner, Rick, is a very nice guy and he can order fish in, so long as they are available. He also had some very large nice Madagascar lace plants and others. I also bought my rocks from him (saw you were also asking about rocks) you can see them in my 90 gallon in my album. HTH

EHEIM #460-- Eheim Pro II 2026
night9eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #29
transcendance83
Algae Grower

Hello all!! New member here from Satellite Beach. I've been to Nahacky's and Fishy Bizness and both have been very helpful. Nahacky's has a much better plant selection though. There is a new store that just opened up on A1A across from Da Kines & Cibelli's that looks like it might have some promise as well but has no plants yet because they are still waiting on their state license.

Last edited by transcendance83; 07-03-2012 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: Wanted to subscribe to the post
transcendance83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #30
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hello! And welcome! It's always good to hear new voices from the beach. Nice looking tanks BTW. Give us some info on your setup/direction you are taking your tank

If you need any ideas or help on your tank/layout/fish etc... feel free to ask!