The Planted Tank and Chatrooms.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

The Planted Tank and Chatrooms.

In the past requests to post information about "unofficial" planted tank chat rooms have been allowed and at one point we even had an official chat room on the forum.

As of today June 17, 2009 this will no longer be allowed whether via signatures, posts, threads or any other method.

Most of the time these chat rooms start off with great intentions but ultimately dissolve into a place that neither myself nor the moderators wish to be associated with.

If you have any links to chatrooms, or information about chatrooms please remove them immediately. The moderators and I will be removing any links we find or that are reported to us after a 24 hr grace period.

Thank you for understanding.

- Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Haagenize
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

I was just wondering if there is like a formal like reason why all this is happening? Because I go on the chat regularly but I don't see what's so undesirable except for a few people. Except those few people do not, i repeat do not represent the whole chat room. Not accepting the chat room to be official I'm totally fine with, but basically banning all activity relating to it, that is what bugs me.
Haagenize is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
kid creole
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Bad decision, IMO.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
bgzbgz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (12/100%)

I personally put a lot of time and effort into the chat, and now with the only existing links to the chat removed I might as well just stop coming. And the worst part is I don't even know what we did to deserve this. Oh well it was fun guys, got to know some really great people, and had some good times too.
bgzbgz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
danakin
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Hey mods who are viewing this, we'd like ALL of your opinions on this, not just those who have been vocal about it in the past. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (96/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haagenize View Post
I was just wondering if there is like a formal like reason why all this is happening? Because I go on the chat regularly but I don't see what's so undesirable except for a few people. Except those few people do not, i repeat do not represent the whole chat room. Not accepting the chat room to be official I'm totally fine with, but basically banning all activity relating to it, that is what bugs me.
We are not banning activity. We don't own or operate the chat room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid creole View Post
Bad decision, IMO.
Planted tank did just fine before. Can't see why we need it for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgzbgz View Post
And the worst part is I don't even know what we did to deserve this.
We are not moderating you personally. Use the chat room, don't use the chat room, its not our place to tell you not too. There will just be no advertised association from this forum any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakin View Post
Hey mods who are viewing this, we'd like ALL of your opinions on this, not just those who have been vocal about it in the past. Thanks.
Kyle's post IS our opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.