iron root tabs
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 04-27-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
wendyv
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for awhile. I was away from home as my Mom passed away. Got hubby to take care of my fish tank and it seemed to survive pretty well.
My plants are slowing down in the growth area and some algae is forming. I think my problem is I need more of the Root Tabs plus Iron that I was using from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. They are no longer available here from any of the Pet Stores; discontinued! Does anyone know what I can replace them with as the Pet Stores now have nothing to put into the soil; they are looking for something they say. I use the Dupla Drops and have laterite in the soil; everything was growing so well too
Can I buy any tabs in the Gardening Supply Store? I thought I saw somewhere where I could put some of those fertilizer spikes; the ones for Palms in the soil but I could be mistaken. Thought I would check in here and ask the experts .
Thanks for any help.
Wendy
wendyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2004, 04:56 PM   #2
NFish
Planted Member

Location: Colorado, USA, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

First of all, I'm sorry about your mom. My dad passed away a couple yrs ago; very difficult time in my life.

If you can find jobes sticks for ferns and palms, use those. I think you should break each into about 3 pieces.

I think www.thatfishplace.com sell the root tabs plus iron still, you could call and make sure.
John 3:16 Romans 10:9
NFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
Fat Guy
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

What types of plants do you have? What are your tank specs?

They may be slowing down due to other things then root tabs.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:46 PM   #4
malkore
Planted Tank Guru

SeaChem's root tabs are good quality, and if you buy the ones they make for ponds, its supposed to be a better deal (same formula, larger tabs, and the price isn't marked up as much)
Filstar XP2 PIMP #3
Visit my aquarium pages - see specs on my tanks, and photos of how they've evolved
malkore is offline   Reply With Quote