Surface skimming using overflow box
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 08-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #1
Crimson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Surface skimming using overflow box

So, I thought to myself well... since this tank does not have an overflow box how can I do some surface skimming without buying some canister surface skimmer adapter? So here is what I did:

Bought this:

Amazon.com : Aqueon 34508 Hang-On Overflow Box, 125-Gallon : Aquariums : Pet Supplies Amazon.com : Aqueon 34508 Hang-On Overflow Box, 125-Gallon : Aquariums : Pet Supplies

I only used the overflow box. I then cut the inflow part of the g6 to make it shorter. I also have my other closed loop pump that going into that overflow as well.

I used some of my leftover glass frosting around the clear part. I still need to do something about the black U pipes. What I might do is use the other piece and drill some holes and have both returns go though that.

Yes, that is my gimmicky freshwater hydor volcano under some petrified wood which imo came out nice. I have my apex turning it on at night with bubbles.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2014, 03:02 AM   #2
T Jager
Growing Something?

PTrader: (13/100%)

That's pretty slick, I like it. Nice tank by the way.
T Jager is offline   Reply With Quote