Official Eheim Pimp Club Registration - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 08-23-2004, 11:50 PM   #166
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hi all, another update on the discount system, am still waiting for the Oceania rep to get back to me on the proposed system. Will start buggin him again and also the NA rep. Sorry for the length of time this has taken to organise, just that these people don't like getting back to me in a hurry.

Paul
Eheim Pimp Club member #3: Scribe to the Eheim Pimp Club

90 gallon, CO2 dupla injection, Dupla substrate heating, Dupla Laterite with iron stone substrate, Aquastarlight future 3 x 150 metal Halides, Eheim 2026 pro2's and heavily planted with Discus
rumples riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 12:34 AM   #167
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Way to go Paul! Keep after 'em!!

Let us know how you make out!

Mike
Old 09-02-2004, 12:55 AM   #168
Rupey
Planted Member

PTrader: (26/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Rupey

OK I went to my LFS today to look around. I saw a sale on Eheim classic filters and decided to go take a look. I've been wanting to get a canister for my bowfront for a while but never got around to it. They had a 2213 there for under $80 so I decided to go for it. I set it up when I got home (quite easily I may add) and plugged it in. MAN is this thing quiet!!!! I had to touch it to make sure it was running!! My rena sounds like a meat grinder next to this thing! So far I am totally thrilled with the filter. I may be adding another one in the future to replace my rena on my 75 gallon. Anyway just thought I'd share this with all you Eheim pimps out there. Thanks!
Rupey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #169
George Willms
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Well then Rupey, looks like you're #59 then. Welcome to the club.
Ehfipimp extraordinaire!
Eheim Pimp Club Recruiter, Saergant at Arms, and Enforcer.

29 and 45 gallon. 2026, 2028
My 29 gallon tank
George Willms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:40 PM   #170
YankeeFanInPA
Algae Grower

Red face Eheim 2026 Problems

Posted this on the Equipment Forum but maybe I should I have directly here.

I am ready to join the Eheim Pimp Club but first I need to get it up and running successfully.

Just started a 46 gal bow front planted tank, all Eco-Complete, CO2 injection, 1x96 Bright Kit; no prior experience (unless you count helping my son make many mistakes with his 1st tank but I am avid reader of the forums and articles). First used an Emperor 280 Bio-Wheel but was not happy with the surface agitation and the water flow over the Aqua Medic diffuser (pH was 7.3, kH 7 for a CO2 of 6ppm). Plus the Mrs was not happy with the noise.

So after studying all of the "evidence" I got an Eheim 2026 Pro II (over the Renafilter XP3) and gave the Emperor to my son for his 20 gal tank.

Got the Eheim setup easy enough using the Installation Set #1 and 2 in place of the standard tubes. May have made my initial mistake as I used an extra intake tube to length the output and get the spray bar lower in the tank. Not sure if that was a good idea or not.

I primed the pump and plugged it in. Nothing but a noisy rumbling sound from the canister.

After much cursing and re-reading the manuals, I filled the tubes and canister manually with water and tried again.

Started to work but the flow is very strong (seems like a jet, rather than a spray), comes in bursts and is filled with millions of air bubbles. I could see that the spray bar was not completely filled with water so I removed one of the tubes along with the extra input tube but the results are the same.

I guess there is air in the system somewhere but I cannot see it, all of the connections look solid. I tried lowering the flow rate with the canister lever but that just stopped the flow totally and the filter starts making that rumbling sound again.

Someone already told me it takes a while to get the trapped air out so I will try to be patient.

Once the air is gone, I can adjust the rate better ? The flow is causing quite a commotion in the tank where the plants are not that firmly rooted yet.

Right now, the spray bar is right at the top of the tank. Can I move it lower by using the extra input tube ?

Do I want to use all 3 tubes on the spray bar ?

Angle it toward the bottom, back or front ?

Help me get this resolved and I am a member for life !!

Thanks.
Howard - EHEIM PIMP #60
46 gal bow front planted tank
Eheim 2026 Pro II; 1x96 watt Bright Kit
CO2 injection; 100% Eco Complete

Neons, cherry barbs, otos, corys, zebra danios, platys
YankeeFanInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 08:21 PM   #171
lbsfarms
Planted Member

PTrader: (13/100%)

Ok, give me a #. The old Fluval I had on the 35H was making some scarrrry noises so I broke down and replaced it with a Eheim classic 2213. You guys are right, they are really quiet. It was also easy to set up and quick to start, and it's yet to be seen but anything has to be easier to clean and restart than that old Fluval. Another + was, the outlet hoses on the Eheim and the old Fluval were the same size. I had the spray bar set up exactly how I wanted and since they were the same size I didn't have to change it.
lbsfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:39 PM   #172
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

I will try to dole out the numbers. I will probably get snapped at by our crabby SAA for messing up.

YankeeFanInPA is #60 and lbsfarms is #61! Welcome aboard you two!

Mike
Old 09-04-2004, 04:17 PM   #173
George Willms
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Crabby? Don't forget that that crabby SAA is also the Enforcer too........

You're safe this time though, you actually got the numbers right.
Ehfipimp extraordinaire!
Eheim Pimp Club Recruiter, Saergant at Arms, and Enforcer.

29 and 45 gallon. 2026, 2028
My 29 gallon tank
George Willms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 08:12 PM   #174
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Do I sense a regicide? I had better watch my back!

Mike
Old 09-05-2004, 04:56 AM   #175
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (8/100%)

Regicide, LMAO...

Yankee, what you have is just trapped air in the canister portion, and is common when you first start the sucker up. It goes away over time if you wanna wait it out (slowly escapes). There are ways to remedy that, such as: (1) start it up with as much water as you can, without making a mess when you reattach the top, and then once started, you can invert it to get the bubble out, or (2) mess around with the input/output valves.

The flow on the Eheim will be quite strong when you start out, but over time, it'll slow down naturally by itself (from filter material getting clogged to intake getting clogged, etc.). Lengthening the spray bar will help reduce the flow back into the tank (would be best to situate it in the back wall and face the output towards the front to reduce flow). You don't want to move it any further down the tank, since the water flow will just aid in uprooting your plants. Have it positioned a bit below the water surface (1-2") at a slight downward angle.

Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #176
YankeeFanInPA
Algae Grower

Smile

Seems the air problem was caused by the Installation Set 1 intake tube.

Once I looked at it I could see the air going down the hose. Took it out and tightened the connections but got the same result.

Finally replaced it with the standard intake tube and everything is running great now (well except for some algae which I have been told is expected in a new tank).

Just wondering what others use besides the standard Eheim materials in the canisters.
Howard - EHEIM PIMP #60
46 gal bow front planted tank
Eheim 2026 Pro II; 1x96 watt Bright Kit
CO2 injection; 100% Eco Complete

Neons, cherry barbs, otos, corys, zebra danios, platys
YankeeFanInPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 12:25 AM   #177
catwoman
Algae Grower

Default Just got an Eheim 2126

Newbie here and my first post. I just got an Eheim 2126 and installed it on my 37g high tank. I got it to replace my Eclipse 3 hood. I cannot keep a good CO2 level with the filtration system in the Eclipse and also need more light so the Eclipse is going. Right now both filters are running until the Eheim gets enough bacteria. Can I join the Eheim pimp club? I also have an Eheim Aquaball on my 15g tank. I have to admit that all the praises in this forum for the Eheim filters are what persuaded me to get one. I wanted the heater gone in my tank so I forked over the cash for the 2126.

I thought the Eheim 2126 was a breeze to set up and started fine. I had to pump the primer quite a few times until the canister filled up with water but that was all.
CATWOMAN - EHEIM PIMP #62
37G High - Pressurized CO2, External CO2 reactor, JBJ 130W CF, Eheim 2126, 100% Onyx Sand, Coralife 9W TurboTwist UV Sterilzer
15G High - Hagen Natural Plant System CO2, 36W Drs. Foster & Smith CF, 100% Flourite, Eheim 2208 Aquaball
20G - Hagen Natural Plant System CO2, 100% EcoComplete, 65w CF, Eheim Ecco 2231
20G - 100% Tahitian Moon 65w CF, Eheim Aquaball 2210
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 02:18 AM   #178
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Welcome to the board Catwoman and welcome to the club!

I purchased the 2126 for the same reason, I wanted as little equipment in the aquarium as possible! Great minds think alike! It will be great having you on the board, and in our club!

You are #61!

Mike
Old 09-09-2004, 03:59 AM   #179
Rex Grigg
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to Rex Grigg Send a message via AIM to Rex Grigg

Ok, I broke down and just ordered a 2224 for my 46 gallon BF tank. It was the same price as an XP-3 and I decided to try one of these over priced German units. But of course the darn thing is back ordered.
Rex Grigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 04:28 AM   #180
catwoman
Algae Grower

I think you assigned lbsfarms as #61. am I #62?
CATWOMAN - EHEIM PIMP #62
37G High - Pressurized CO2, External CO2 reactor, JBJ 130W CF, Eheim 2126, 100% Onyx Sand, Coralife 9W TurboTwist UV Sterilzer
15G High - Hagen Natural Plant System CO2, 36W Drs. Foster & Smith CF, 100% Flourite, Eheim 2208 Aquaball
20G - Hagen Natural Plant System CO2, 100% EcoComplete, 65w CF, Eheim Ecco 2231
20G - 100% Tahitian Moon 65w CF, Eheim Aquaball 2210
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote