Which regulator for a paintball tank?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM   #1
kidgrave
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Which regulator for a paintball tank?

Hi, I have been planning on getting a regulator for a paintball tank. I have been considering purchasing an Aquatek Mini, however, I have read in some reviews that sometimes you gotta keep adjusting the needle valve; therefore, I am a bit skeptical about this regulator.

I have also been considering a Green Leaf Aquarium regulator, but don't know much about it. Any experiences that you guys have with these regulators?

Are there other regulators that I should be looking at? Thanks.

I want a regulator that is going to be lasting me years, and one where I don't have to worry about something going wrong while I'm gone, or having to often readjust the needle valve.

Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM   #2
dru
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have both so I can speak from experience

The needle valve is tricky to get dialed in on the Aquatek, but once it is dialed in I don't have to adjust mine. I actually leave for over a week at a time and haven't had any issues. You will want to make sure you let it run though a couple of on/off cycles before you trust it. I have been running this reg for over a year. Although their customer service isn't great, I would buy another one (and more than likely I am buying a premium reg soon) if I needed a reg under $100.

The GLA reg is awesome and their customer service is awesome. If you have the cash it's a no brainer for the piece of mind and support. They also have a stellar warranty compared to the Aquatek .

Another option in the same category / price point is the Aquatic Life regulator (~$150) - no experience with this one though.
dru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #3
Sean W.
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

I have an aquatek, and I think its great! ive had it for over a year with zero issues. Plus they are right here out of Anaheim.
Sean W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM   #4
BeastMaster
Darth Rimless

PTrader: (1/100%)

I currently have 2 Aquatek mini & 3 Aquatic Life regulators on my tanks. Both models have been operating on my tanks from the get go. The needle valves once set require no adjustments from newly full cylinder to empty. The solenoid units on both models have provided non stop operating cycles that have 2 on/off switches every 24 hrs.

The Aquatic Life units are more costly and require a paintball/CGA adapter. The Aquatek units are cheaper, made for paintball cylinders and come w/ check valve/bubble counters.

It's because of these pros that for my next project tank (60F), I'll be using an Aquatek mini regulator. Hope this helps w/ your decision. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eheim Pimp #540 Finnex Member #11 ADA Gentleman #6 60F Club 12G Club 60P Club BeastMaster Project Tanks
BeastMaster is offline   Reply With Quote