Co2 reactor issues
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 09-20-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
Fishguy0808
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Co2 reactor issues

I've purchased the ista max mix co2 reactor from dr.foster and smith and I'm happy with how it works. There were a couple start up problems. 1st the bottom leaked (this was easily fixed by screwing the end cap down a little tighter). 2nd the hose from my canister filter doesn't quite fit onto the connector of the reactor. Will hose clamps fix this? And also water comes up the airline tubing will the co2 pressure help for it not to do that. I'm not running the co2 yet filling the co2 tanks today.
Fishguy0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #2
AlanLe
Gurus Master

PTrader: (5/100%)

Hose clamp will work but don't tighten to much as the plastic connector can crack. You need to install a check valve to the airline to prevent water flowing into the co2 system when it's off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AlanLe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
n5750547
Algae Grower

Depending on how fast your pumping the co2 in, it should push the water out of the tubing. In my tank it doesn't work like that so I had to put a check valve of the co2 lone right before it goes into the reactor

Also I'll second what Alan said. Be careful with the hose clamps, heaps of people break their plastic connectors this way (from what I've read on other forums at least)
n5750547 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 02:46 AM   #4
Fishguy0808
Algae Grower

Ive gotten the clamps theres no leak anymore! Yes! Now i need to replace the crappy paintball adapter to an aquatek (and o ring on the cannister). The one i bought from tool oribit had a safety pressure release hole that was to high on the adapter and the co2 shot out the side of it.
Fishguy0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 04:52 AM   #5
Solcielo lawrencia
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Also, here's a tip: remove the impellers. It improves dissolution by keeping the Co2 in the reactor longer.
Solcielo lawrencia is online now   Reply With Quote