Good News for 2004
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 04-19-2004, 06:40 PM   #1
Celura
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Celura

For those who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to finally know the truth after all those conflicting medical studies:

1) Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2) Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3) Africans drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4) Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5) Germans drink lots of beer, eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION: Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

:shock:

Beautiful Bettas
The Forum for the Betta Enthusiast

Moderator - www.dwarfpuffers.com
Celura is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 06:53 PM   #2
corigan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

As funny as this joke is, It does bring up a valid point. I often ponder this with my loved ones and friends and wonder what the reasoning is. Why are Americans so full of stress and hateful towards each other? I try to be a super nice person out there, always polite, always saying thanks, letting others cut in on the highway when they want to. Most people seem to be severely stressed and ticked off. Road Rage being one of the biggest things. I'm sure the reason Americans have more heart attacks is stress related. America just needs to calm down and relax and be nicer to each other. Maybe then we (as Americans) wouldn't be so hated in the world. It's like going to another world when you leave the US. People are super nice, everyone is pretty laid back and nice to each other. Of course there is expections to every rule, but for the most part when I travel I don't see this. Go up to Canada and it's the friendliest place I've been. Everyone is always so nice and helpful up there and isn't out to try to take your money and stab you in the back when you turn around. Oh well, just me rambling in the lounge, please ignore me.

Just my 2 cents, let me step off of my soapbox..

Matt
Member #6 of the Eheim Pimp Club - 2 Eheim 2213 & 2215 w/ surface extractor, LiquidDoser and Auto Feeder.
corigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
GulfCoastAquarian
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via ICQ to GulfCoastAquarian Send a message via Yahoo to GulfCoastAquarian

Haha, that is a funny joke, but leave it to a bunch of planted tank geeks to turn serious. Matt - I don't think it is stress. People from other countries are just as stressed (if not more so, especially in the case of Japan). The answer?

A little word called entitlement.

I honestly believe just about all of our nations problems could be traced to entitlement.
Lawsuit abuse? - People feel entitled to "get what's coming to them" and want those quick and easy riches.
Road Rage? - I'm entitled to your spot in traffic. Get out of my way.
School Shootings? - Kids even feel entitled to be just as popular as the other kids, without having to bother with the whole personality thing.
I could go on, but you get the point.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
nimmie
Algae Grower

That's just one way of putting it though :lol:
Eheim pimp #22!!
nimmie is offline   Reply With Quote