Eheim or potential Eheim users in Australia
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 04-19-2004, 12:38 AM   #1
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hi people, I have some news for Australian users or those thinking of buying Eheim products in Australia.

Through negotiations with Eheim Australia a possible discount system may be trialled here in Australia and later the rest of the world for users and members of the Eheim pimps club, for the purchase of Eheim products.

What I need from Australian members of the forum is an idea of who uses Eheim products here or those who would seriously consider purchasing Eheim products.

So please respond to this thread and let me know your thoughts, so I can get this ball rolling.

Paul
Eheim Pimp Club member #3: Scribe to the Eheim Pimp Club

90 gallon, CO2 dupla injection, Dupla substrate heating, Dupla Laterite with iron stone substrate, Aquastarlight future 3 x 150 metal Halides, Eheim 2026 pro2's and heavily planted with Discus
rumples riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 AM   #2
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hey people, come on, there are Aussies on this site that use Eheim, if this works here is Australia it might happen everywhere.

Please let me know,

Paul

90 gallon, CO2 dupla injection, Dupla substrate heating, Dupla Laterite with iron stone substrate, Aquastarlight future 3 x 150 metal Halides, Eheim 2026 pro2's and heavily planted with Discus
Old 04-19-2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Bronx19
Algae Grower

I use a Eheim Canister.
Bronx19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #4
rumples riot
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bronx19 where are you from, and what other Eheim products do you use. If you are from Australia tell me where you get your products. This is for real not a gimmick, I want to start a revolutionary thing here for the benefit of all Eheim users. You need to contact George Williams for application to the Eheim pimps club to become a member.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
petellie

Default Eheim in Australia.

Hi rumples riot , I am currently using 1 x Eheim 2180 professional 3, 2x 2217 classics and a compact+ 5000 in a sump.
I have in the past used numerous Eheim canisters starting with the 2013, 2015, 2017 and updated when newer ones come on the market.
I have been using Eheim products for over 30 years.
Yes I love them, in my opinion reliability and wear is well above any others, and in the past 30 years I have tested many other brands.
I live in between Dandenong and Frankston Victoria.
I have lived around this area since owning my first aquarium tank.
Some of the aquarium shops that I got my first Eheim canisters and parts are now closed.

My concerns with Eheim products in Australia are-
The differences in price from one shop to the next, I bought my Compact+ 5000 for $299 in one of the closest shops to me, but could have bought the same pump ranging from $230 up to $550. Why is that?
I know wholesalers can't dictate retail prices but that's a ridiculous $320 difference.
Whenever I do need parts or replacement media, the shops have to order it in. More so for the 2180. Because of this problem I have a spare 2217 ready for any emergency.
For example. I had a part that holds the impella in place on my 2180 break after using it for less than a week. Yeah, I was very surprised and disappointed.
I had to wait more than 4 weeks to get the part and they wouldn't replace it under warranty. When I paid for the new part and got it all working again, it broke again in less than two months. The next new one I got I waited another 3 weeks. This one the shop owner paid for, so he said. The 2180 cost me $879.00 and I couldn't get an $18.00 part for 4 weeks.
These parts were sent from Queensland. 4 weeks from Queensland?
(I have a spare now sent from UK arrived under 2 weeks in post.)

I visit the listed shops below regularly, each shop at least once a month or more. I do visit other shops on day trips.

Current close vicinity shops I visit are as follows. Not in any particular order.

Evalife Aquarium. Frankston.
Hallam Aquarium and Reptiles. Hallam.
Cranbourne Aquarium and Reptiles. Cranbourne
Bunarong Aquarium. Frankston.
All Aquarium & Pet Supplies. Mulgrave
Boronia Aquarium. Boronia.

Over the last two years the amount of Eheim products held in stores has declined.
It disappoints me, I like to support my local aquarium shops, but I now order my Eheim media and parts from the UK. (not canisters or pumps)
Not only because of the prices. But the best thing is, I receive my order in less than 2 weeks from the other side of the planet to my door.

I could add more but I'm not sure if this is the sort of info your after.
Please let me know.

I do hope this is of some help.
Cheers.
Pete.
petellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

Hi petellie,

I hope you aren't looking for an answer from this member. He's not signed on since 05-23-2007 06:21 AM.