Pricing Fish Stuff on Craigslist?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 07-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #1
Fishly
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Pricing Fish Stuff on Craigslist?

I have some used tanks and supplies (filters, lights, heaters, driftwood, etc.) that I wish to sell on craigslist, but I have no idea how to price them. I need to get rid of them quickly because I'm moving to an apartment soon, which usually means I should price them low. But I need money (who doesn't?) so I'd like to get as much as possible for them. I've seen recommendations of $0.50-2.00 per gallon for tanks and varying percentages of the original price for other items. What do you suggest?

Also, most of the stuff has some amount of fish gunk on it. I could clean it, but is it really worth the extra effort?
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
danellis1229
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

your wanting the most for what u got so should u clean it look at it this way if you where buying and it didnt look good wouldnt u low ball not to mention im more apt to buy something if i dont have to clean it i would make it look its best and have fresh water in them i usually pay more if you can prove it holds water not that anybody lies lol
danellis1229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
craigslist, price, selling