CBS SSS or PBL
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
NeMox69x
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

CBS SSS or PBL

So I have around $60-100 to spend and I wanna have a nice colony of crystal blacks. Will PBL off spring become red and lower grades? I'm not very good with the whole genetics of shrimp. Someone help me. I just wanna do blacks. I understand culling because I have cherries .. The SSS are around $65 and PRL are like $85-100
NeMox69x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
Duck5003
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (39/100%)

If you want all black offspring, no matter what you want to go with PBL. Also they are said to have thicker shells and brighter colors as they are pure. They should produce nothing but identical copies, you can always cull them for particular patterns, shell thickness, etc.

If you go with CBS of any kind, they could potentially throw reds and goldens.

I literally just got a batch of PBL today and i am truly blown away right out of the box, so i cant wait til they get comfy and to maturity. I like the blacks as well and didnt want to have to worry about trying to catch other colors in a planted tank.
Duck5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 AM   #3
NeMox69x
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Thank you very much. I love the blacks and I have a baby year carpet along with a wall of rotalas so removing the reds and goldens would be a challenge for me as well.
NeMox69x is offline   Reply With Quote