Rochester area stores?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
kutothe
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Rochester area stores?

I used to go to Pet World in Greece for everything, but it seems like the store has taken a turn for the worse lately. Does anyone else know of a good store in the area?

46g Bow Front, 10g
kutothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #2
annette
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Talking Rochester area stores

Hey Harry I'm in Rochester too. Ha! If you find a good store here let me know as I've called everyone I could find and they never have Amano shrimp which I depserately need. I too used to go to Pet World and it got to be that every time I bought fish from them my tank came down with ick and since it is across town I only go if depserate. There isn't anything here but the chain stores now and a few specialized stores.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
kutothe
Algae Grower

Its really sad, Pet World was awesome, but that was about 4 years ago when I last went. I actually have 5 Amano shrimp that I got from there that are still alive.

When I went yesterday, half the tanks had dead fish, and they didn't have anything I was looking for. There plants were all rotting too.

I'm going searching again tonight to see if I can't find another store, I wasn't able to find anything promising online. There was a store I stopped by a few times in Webster, but I have to try and remember what it was.

Luckily this forum has always been good to me in the past when it came to purchasing plant trimmings from other members. I'll let you know if I have any luck!

46g Bow Front, 10g
Old 06-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
redrider911
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Try Petsmart in Batavia. It's not the national chain that is everywhere. Just the name is the same. There is a huge selection of scratch and dent tanks, you know you wanna upgrade It's on rt 5, just east of the center of town.
redrider911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 AM   #5
kutothe
Algae Grower

That's about a 40 minute drive for me, which isn't terrible if it's a good store. How is their fish and plant selection?

If anyone else wants to look it up, the address is:
610 E Main St
Batavia, NY 14020

46g Bow Front, 10g
Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #6
annette
Algae Grower

I think the store in Webster you are referring to is Dolittle's and I think they closed, I ddin't find them in the book. Tri City used to be good but they are all gone now too. There was one way out on Ridge road I think it was called Marine Oasis, don't know if he's still around and there is Caribbean Forest but he's strickly salt water. okay Marine Oasis is still open, 5340 Ridge Rd, Spencerport, 352-8718. I did try calling them to see if they still carry fresh water fish and plants. I've only been there twice and it was like 8 yrs ago. He is way out in the boonies. Nothing else out there that i know of. please let me know if you find anything or get in touch with Marine Oasis.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #7
angelfishman
Algae Grower

have you tried abc pet city in fairport?
nice little store.
angelfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
rice n curry man
Planted Member

I also live in Rochester. I'm also having trouble finding a good store...I think I'll try Marine Oasis this weekend.
rice n curry man is offline   Reply With Quote