WTB Plants in the Tampa Bay Area, ASAP!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 06-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #1
MikeyP
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

WTB Plants in the Tampa Bay Area, ASAP!!!

Hello all.

I am getting a 120 going and im looking for some nice plants to start her off, I need ALOT.

I am looking for some Amazon Swords, mid ground plants, and Id like some type of grass like plants for the deeper ends of the tank

Please let me know what yall have, the reason I am asking for local near Tampa is because I dont have Paypal, so Id need to send a MO out if it needed to be shipped.

Have some cash in hand and looking to make a purchase yesterday

Thanks all!!!

Heres some pics of the tank right now, still alil cloudy...and still gotta finish the stand and canopy!!! AND paint the back, blah blah!!! Too much still to do, but thats the fun of the hobby!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #2
Church
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Dang, man, this thread is one day too late... I just trashed a bunch of plants yesterday!

You could check with Everglades Nursery (aquaticplantdepot.com), over off 301 and I-4. I think they're closed on the weekends though...
Church is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #3
MikeyP
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church View Post
Dang, man, this thread is one day too late... I just trashed a bunch of plants yesterday!

You could check with Everglades Nursery (aquaticplantdepot.com), over off 301 and I-4.

Well hawt DANG!! Thats always the case, Im always a day late with things!! LOL

Thanks tho and please keep me in mind when your trimming next!! Ill buy your trimmings!! Ill try that place's website but thats kind of far to drive, with gas itll be better to go to Marine Warehouse and get them. No offense to the place your talking about, but gas is just stoopid now!!!

Thanks man..
Old 06-08-2008, 12:14 AM   #4
Church
Planted Tank Guru

Yeah except that prices of plants at Everglades average at about 1/8th the price PER PLANT they do at MWH. You'd save on gas, and lose on markup. I never realized how much I was throwing my money away on plants at Marine Warehouse until I started going to Everglades. I still love MW, but unless I only need like one potted plant or something, I'm driving out to Seffner!

And I will keep you in mind, for sure, for next time. It'll be happening sooner than I care to admit!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #5
MikeyP
Planted Member

Quote:
Yeah except that prices of plants at Everglades average at about 1/8th the price PER PLANT they do at MWH.

And I will keep you in mind, for sure, for next time. It'll be happening sooner than I care to admit!!

Ohh really!!!! Ill just have to check that out!! im going to go to there website now and see....Rep giving for your help. Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #6
Church
Planted Tank Guru

^ Dang that quote of mine makes no grammatical sense whatsoever!!

(I'm glad you understood that!)
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 AM   #7
MikeyP
Planted Member

Ahh thats ok!!

Im looking at that site now, the only problem is, is that I am NOT that great with names and what I can have. I plan on having 2-3 watts per gallon and Im not wanting some crazy light needy plants!! I like the swords and I also LOVE the low growing grass. Than some mid ground plants. Ill get the names eventually!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:29 AM   #8
Church
Planted Tank Guru

Well best of luck with that! Choosing plants is a pain-staking process for me too, as I am also still learning. The good thing is, though, that they put lighting requirements and common names under each listing. As far as low-lying grass is concerned, they have a whole bunch of BEAUTIFUL dwarf sagitarria there. I just bought a handful of it yesterday myself. It's only $0.84 per plug, which at MW is like 1.99 per plug! Not only that, but at MW the sagitarria is all tall, and stretching for light, but the sag I got yesterday was grown submerged, under natural, full sunlight, so it's just short and healthy! And he didn't even count, he just grabbed a wad of it and said "That looks like ten plugs to me!" When I got home and separated it all, it was like 27 plugs!

It's when you are buying LOTS of stuff that this place would come in handy. I agree for just a bunch, or a pot or two, MW is more convenient.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #9
MikeyP
Planted Member

Well I will be going there to pretty much get ALL the plants for my tank. So I assume that would be LOTS!! LOL I need to learn a whole new language to learn this part of the hobby!! Are they helpful there for info and all that, is there a spacific person I should ask for when going there??

Sorry for all the questions
Old 06-08-2008, 12:55 AM   #10
Church
Planted Tank Guru

They are very helpful there. I don't know names of anyone, though. But I've been twice so far and they've been great both times. I just wrote up a thread about them in the "Other Websites" forum, which may or may not be helpful to you. My only advice is call them before showing up, because they don't have normal business hours.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
MikeyP
Planted Member

Right, I was going to ask you about when I can show up, cause theres a dood that usta be on here alot (Pete) PHalas I believe was his name on here, and Im pretty sure he told me about this place. I should give him a call and maybe we can carpool over there and pay half for gas!! LOL....Thanks for all your help....Repped for your help!!
Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #12
Church
Planted Tank Guru

You're welcome. I'm just so overwhelmed by the wonderful plants I got from them, at the freakishly low cost, that I must tell everyone I can about them. They are awesome, as far as I'm concerned. We are lucky to have them local to us, that's for sure!

By the way, I dig your hardscape! I just went back up and saw the photos. I like multi-tiered substrate like that. But aren't you worried that the substrate will spill over the cliff on the right side there as time goes on?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #13
MikeyP
Planted Member

Quote:
You're welcome. I'm just so overwhelmed by the wonderful plants I got from them, at the freakishly low cost, that I must tell everyone I can about them. They are awesome, as far as I'm concerned. We are lucky to have them local to us, that's for sure!

By the way, I dig your hardscape! I just went back up and saw the photos. I like multi-tiered substrate like that. But aren't you worried that the substrate will spill over the cliff on the right side there as time goes on?

Im not sure if you seen the updated pics of it. The rocks are burried deep in the SMS and as far as over runith, I dont see it going anywheres, maybe the pics make it look like that, not sure. But Im pretty convinced itll stay put!! We shall see about that one

YES , I agree we are lucky to have a place like that near us. Feel free to post up a pic in here of ypur tank with the plants. Im courious to see. And your more than welcome to swing by once my tanks all done if your ever in my area, Im in the Holiday area, about 30 mins north of Clearwater...

Ninja edit!!: Yes its the pics that makes it look like itll all fall out!!! LOL
Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM   #14
Church
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks for the invite! I love seeing people's tanks in person. I'll definitely be posting pics of my recent rescapes, so keep an eye out for my journals in the next few days. I just have to borrow a good camera, because I'm tired of using my crappy cell phone cam.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #15
MikeyP
Planted Member

LOL, no problem, I got a camera that I THOUGHT the flash burnt out on it but the last few pics I took the flash worked, so its on its way to taking a long term dump!!! It works when it wants to. So thats something else on my list of things to get.

I also love looking at peoples tanks, Id say mine will be COMPLETED as far as the stand and canopy and full scape and fish in a month or so, maybe less if I get a good burning fire under my bootay!!!!

Ill post my build link in my sig now, so you can see what the stand and canopy will look like!!

Ok I posted the link in sig, itll look like the 180 did..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.