The Planted Tank Forum banner

EwDeg's 1st Shrimp Tank courtesy of bitFUUL (Pic Heavy)

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  EwDeg 
#1 ·
Another day, another tank project. I've had this one about a month now. bitFUUL decided to break down a 10gal shrimp/crypt tank. There happened to be some babies floating around in the tank with minimal water and some horrid mix of a substrate. So naturally, I called dibs on the shrimp. So home I went with a tank, filter, and about a dozen baby red rilis. All thanks to bitFUUL!

Filled it up with water from my 20H when I got home. As you can see mixed substrates are meh when it comes to disturbing things.

Next day.

I had to go to my LFS and purchase some Assassin Snails to deal with an infestation of snails that bitFUUL also gifted me. I don't like snails. Only Nerites and Assassins for me.

Clearer still.

I'm supplementing the terrible fluorescent hood lighting I had lying around with a desk halogen lamp. It gets too hot for my tastes. Torn between a Fugeray-R or an LED floodlamp. Any suggestions are welcome.

Now that I have a shrimp tank, I had to get a sponge filter(and some other things) from Amazon.

Freshly installed.

My parameters 1 week in.

Some shrimp on the sponge. Tiny I know.

More shrimp goodies from Han! Great guy. The other box is my CO2 goodies from GLA for the 20H.

Some better pics of shrimp!

Feeding frenzy!

This is my biggest shrimp hanging out. He's the most active so it's hard to get a pic of him.

To be continued... I found my first saddled lady yesterday. No pics of her yet. Hoping for some berries action soon!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.