180g inwall build journal - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 05-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #16
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)

WOW! very nice setup. I could only dream of a 180 and youve got yours in the wall, nice!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #17
VadimShevchuk
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Send a message via AIM to VadimShevchuk Send a message via Skype™ to VadimShevchuk

Wow! Im suprised your wife let you do this.
VadimShevchuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 04:34 AM   #18
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (117/100%)

That is one awesome tank! I love when aquariums are installed in the wall like that so you can clearly see 3 sides of the tank.

Centromochlus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 05:13 AM   #19
Digital
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital

WOW thats awesome how you have it so you can see around the corner. Hot setup!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #20
benon
Planted Member

This is freaking insane...
benon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #21
Nate McFin
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)

Great build thanks for sharing! Nice drywall work as well though a some 1/4 round would look nice along the ceiling to finish it off. Is this a stick built home or manufactured?
The tank and scape are beautiful and just pop with its location.
Nate McFin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
lauraleellbp
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)

Any update on this? 2 year old thread...
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society - Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!
TBAS Annual Fish Auction - November 1st!!

lauraleellbp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 AM   #23
sick lid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Chad..you know how it goes..15 gallon turns into a 32, then an 86 which is huge compared to the 15. Then you get to the point that your house choice is dictated by the size of tank you want.
Vadim... my wife is almost as fanatical as I am... she's just glad she doesn't have to do anything to it.
AZFishkid... the corner was not what I initially planned- I wanted a longer tank flush on the face only, with the doorway on the left. Glad I did it this way.
Quote:
Nate McFin Great build thanks for sharing! Nice drywall work as well though a some 1/4 round would look nice along the ceiling to finish it off. Is this a stick built home or manufactured?
The tank and scape are beautiful and just pop with its location.
I should really get some fresh pics up. Crown molding and baseboard was finished about a month after my last post. Truly did finish off the look. Stick built, on concrete slab.
Quote:
lauraleellbp Any update on this? 2 year old thread...
Ha, you know what's funny? I saw the thread title and thought 'Sweet! Someone else has a 180 inwall- I gotta check this out!' I was somewhat disappointed to see my own tank. I've had a sudden multiple mortality this last week see here . All happy and thriving for 2 years prior to that.
You know, it's time for a major rescape anyways. Plant wise, I'm down to java fern, moss, and tiger lotus. Big plec ate everything else. Still pretty heavily planted, just boring now. I'm on holidays in a couple weeks, so I'll do something to it then. Thanks for all the comments everybody. The kick in the pants (read: motivation) I needed. Thanks!
32g tall eclipse3, fluval403, with a handful of bristlenose plecs.180gallon corner in-wall build journal
sick lid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #24
lauraleellbp
Fresh Fish Freak

PTrader: (70/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick lid View Post
Ha, you know what's funny? I saw the thread title and thought 'Sweet! Someone else has a 180 inwall- I gotta check this out!' I was somewhat disappointed to see my own tank.
ROFL that's hilarious!

Sorry to hear about your rainbows, though... I've not no clue either- really weird!
Tampa Bay Aquarium Society - Next meeting Monday, Oct 13, 2014 @ 7:15pm- See ya there!
TBAS Annual Fish Auction - November 1st!!

lauraleellbp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 PM   #25
platyman
Algae Grower

Amazing!!!
platyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 05:03 AM   #26
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)

I just discovered this today. Really a beautiful tank installation, unlike any I have seen before. After 2 years of living with it, what would you do different if you started over? And, how has it been doing maintenance on it?
Old 02-05-2011, 08:53 PM   #27
sick lid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy View Post
I just discovered this today. Really a beautiful tank installation, unlike any I have seen before.
Thanks Hoppy. I'm still awestruck at how beautiful it turned out, installed on the corner like that.
Quote:
After 2 years of living with it, what would you do different if you started over? And, how has it been doing maintenance on it?
You hit the nail on the head. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get that 'wow' factor of a flush mount without sacrificing ease of maintenance, which on this tank is indeed brutal. Pruning is trial and error, mostly error. I'm down to mostly java fern and moss now. Lotus was easy to keep, until my plec discovered a taste for it. Catching a fish is impossible. If I were to do a tank this size again, inwall like this, it would be mostly hardscape. I imagine a narrower tank, maybe 12 inches front to back would be easier, but it really is difficult to stay on top of, without falling in. This is where the miniature mermaid would come in handy. Accessibility from the front would mean giving up the clean sexy look of this type of install. And my apologies for neglecting this thread
32g tall eclipse3, fluval403, with a handful of bristlenose plecs.180gallon corner in-wall build journal
sick lid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #28
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

I like the placement of the tank and the new drywall and wood trim makes it look so fresh and clean. The tank looks very nice as well with a good volume of plants, is the tank viewed only 2 or 3 sides?

With all the paneling in the other room you could have made a removable panel above the tank to deal with maintenance.

Did you ever find the motivation???
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #29
jart
Wannabe Guru

Wow, that really is amazing! Must look fantastic in real life. What fish do you have in there now?

I am planning a 6 foot tank and would appreciate you sharing a plumbing diagram and/ or pictures. I would also like to create a semi-automatic WC system plumbed into my canister.
jart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #30
zyn1
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

looks nice and clean....great job

zyn1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.