Driftwood & Rocks for FW tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 04-01-2004, 12:56 AM   #1
dapi
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Does anyone here know of a good source of driftwood and rock? My problem is I'm in Japan and a small piece of wood or stone the size of your fist will cost at least US$20 here. If you know of sources in SE asia it would be helpful.
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
compulsion
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to compulsion

god i would love to come to japan. even been looking up flights. sorry im blubbering. your not being serious are you, surely you could find some magnificent wood in japan, formed and shaped by nature ya know. im sure you could find some lush plants at the same time aswell. it would be cheap and strait from the mouth

it would proberly cost more to have it sent overseas to japan with shipping and all, let us know what you find or do
lmao and i love your sig
2.7WPG 160W 10,000k 5xNO T8's
Sand+Eco Clay, CSM+B Baby Steps + Pres.Co2
compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
dapi
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by compulsion
god i would love to come to japan. even been looking up flights. sorry im blubbering. your not being serious are you, surely you could find some magnificent wood in japan, formed and shaped by nature ya know. im sure you could find some lush plants at the same time aswell. it would be cheap and strait from the mouth

it would proberly cost more to have it sent overseas to japan with shipping and all, let us know what you find or do
lmao and i love your sig
Good pieces of wood are hard to come by here. If you want to spend years curing, cleaning and doing whatever you can come up with something decent. But, why go to all that trouble when a S asian source can sell the stuff to you for $1 a kilo.

Same for plants, there are some places that sell in bulk–by the kilo.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:30 AM   #4
Versus
Algae Grower

Send a message via ICQ to Versus Send a message via AIM to Versus

Hi , I am going to the shore next week and im going to get some pieces , i will send you a few nice size chunks.. what size is your tank? as long as you pay for the shipping , i will take picks of the pieces and you can pick em out , i live in florida so i can always run to the shore and get more of it.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.