LFS in North orlando/west volusia
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 05-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Lisa+Ron
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

LFS in North orlando/west volusia

I'm looking for a good fish store in our area with a wide selection. Anyone have any recommendations?
Lisa+Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2014, 05:28 AM   #2
Flgatorguy
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to Flgatorguy Send a message via Yahoo to Flgatorguy

There's one on international speedway in daytona. If you're heading into daytona from Deland it'll be on the right just past that LKQ junk yard.

I've never gotten any fish from him, just some well priced driftwood and a few used aquariums. Actually bought a 25g breeder from him on Saturday for $18. He has many pieces of wood mounted to slate inside the store and a pool out back with pieces from a few inches to very large two foot pieces.

He has a HUGE selection of Cichlids. Has your standard amount of Angels, tetras etc..

I realize this isn't exactly where you were talking about. And I can't remember the name of the store itself, sorry.
Old 05-25-2014, 01:43 PM   #3
Lisa+Ron
Algae Grower

Found one called Daytona aquarium. 3131 w international speedway. I'll mark them on my map to stop by next time I head that way. Thanks!
Lisa+Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:38 PM   #4
Ruxl
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

You are talking about "Daytona Aquarium" - I have found they are a decent shop, although the owner's opinion on proper stocking levels is well beyond what I would ever expect.

Poseidon Aquarium is where I give most of my business in the Daytona area.

Honestly, no one seems to have a decent selection of plants, but Poseidon's fish tend to be the best cared for that I've found in the area.
Ruxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
AutumnSun
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruxl View Post
You are talking about "Daytona Aquarium" - I have found they are a decent shop, although the owner's opinion on proper stocking levels is well beyond what I would ever expect.

Poseidon Aquarium is where I give most of my business in the Daytona area.

Honestly, no one seems to have a decent selection of plants, but Poseidon's fish tend to be the best cared for that I've found in the area.
I went into Poseidon yesterday on your recommendation and wanted to thank you. I've been in the saltwater hobby the last four and a half years and am just getting back into freshwater and somehow had no idea they were there, but was delighted with what I found. Walked out with the eco-complete I'd planned to buy and a lotus with pink foliage. The livestock was healthy, the staff was helpful and the store was well stocked. Thanks again!
AutumnSun is offline   Reply With Quote