YAY! I got flourite cheap! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Substrate

Old 06-21-2004, 07:29 PM   #16
xt87
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I should try that over here then in the future. I'm going to be taking out my gravel and putting this stuff in... I don't know if it will work or not though with the whole trade off. The managers I've seen over here are kinda crabby and strict. Does petco have this stuff? If not I will try petsmart.
Fauna: Neon Tetras, Black Tetras, Harlequin Rasboras, Guppy
xt87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2004, 07:12 PM   #17
silicon_dt
Algae Grower

This post makes me sick, as I paid $25 bucks for mine at Petsmart before I knew about the price match! Thanks guys!! lol
silicon_dt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2004, 04:30 AM   #18
glass-gardens.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Petsmart in Ankeny Iowa says they will not match internet pricing, not even from there own website
Old 06-23-2004, 08:58 AM   #19
audiotaylor
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to audiotaylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silicon_dt
This post makes me sick, as I paid $25 bucks for mine at Petsmart before I knew about the price match! Thanks guys!! lol
Just thought you in particular would like to know that I just pulled this off tonight too. I got 2 bags for 9.99 each. I bet they loose money doing that! Sorry, I just had to rub it in!
-David
Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 PM   #20
corigan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiotaylor
Just thought you in particular would like to know that I just pulled this off tonight too. I got 2 bags for 9.99 each. I bet they loose money doing that! Sorry, I just had to rub it in!
-David
I doubt they do loose money. I bet you all these places probably get these bags dirt cheap. If not how could bigals and petsolutions sell so cheap? I just assume petsmart has that much of a markup on their products. How I look at it, they make enough money ripping off unsuspecting customers that pay full price at their stores. Some of us walking in every once in awhile and getting flourite for a cheaper price isn't going to hurt their bottom line at all.

At my local petsmart I had one manager who had no problems price matching me, and then I got the night-time manager once and she was a little hesitant until I told her that the daytime manager told me to bring in any ad and he'll pricematch me anything. I told here I would just leave and make sure I never came into their store again. Of course she ended up pricematching me.

Matt
Member #6 of the Eheim Pimp Club - 2 Eheim 2213 & 2215 w/ surface extractor, LiquidDoser and Auto Feeder.
corigan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2004, 06:01 PM   #21
Georgiadawgger
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

The crazy thing is I think 9.99 is really close to cost (my LFS was shocked that petsmart does the matching). I guess one way of looking at it, the overall loss to petsmart is negligable especially when they sell all the other stuff like dog and cat grooming, food, horse stuff, lizards, etc. Maybe we should "stock" up and take advantage of this while we can!!! (I think I may actually have an extra bag once I'm done with my move to use for another tank)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.