Anyone from NW Indiana? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 03-05-2012, 03:10 AM   #16
jnatelborg54@gmail.com
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I live in Highland and I bought a 75 gallon tank about a year ago.I'm really loving it! I just ordered a co2 injection system. The Ark is the place for fish around here, and John will really take good care of you,he's just a super guy! Jimbo.
jnatelborg54@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #17
Shrimpdiver

South Bend here as well.
Shrimpdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM   #18
aesopsgato

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm in South Bend too, still setting up my first tank
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
cichlidfreak133

Thumbs up awesome!!

Hey everyone, elkhart native here. Wow I didn't know there were so many fish enthusiasts around my area! Anyone bored hot me up anytime!
cichlidfreak133 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #20
Qbert23
Algae Grower

Saint John IN here
Qbert23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #21
weezel77
Algae Grower

SOUTH BEND area
weezel77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #22
weezel77
Algae Grower

Default tropical fish wholesale store

there used to be an awesome pet store in laporte( finish line pet and hobbys) they would get there fish from some wholesale distributer in Valpo. does anybody on this board from that area know anything about it or where it is at in Valpo??
Old 05-31-2012, 05:15 AM   #23
tank0211
Algae Grower

As far as good LFS near by in NW Indiana, I agree that the Ark is it. Been out of the hobby for a bit, but I know there are also some nice LFS over in Illinois though a bit further away. One in particular stands out in my mind, but I can't for the life of me remember the name! They had a ton of tanks & some pretty big ones at that & maybe a waterfall of a sort inside as well?
tank0211 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #24
weezel77
Algae Grower

took the hour and a half drive to check out the arc 2day. must say im impressed but fish prices seemed a little high to me. i had many questions and was able to get all questions answered as to why my blood stargrass leaves turned to mush cept at the bases. turns out that while i am using ferts i wasnt dosing correctly and they walked me step by step as how to read the water test kits.( i brought a sample of tank water with me) and how to dose accordingly. cant remember the guys name that helped me out but he assures me with the right dosing my stargrass will be fine(thank god). i was able to put an order in for a gold nugget pleco(L-18) and cant wait to make that drive again.!!!! he also suggested that i start a tank log book which i have done going back to when i first started the tank. any one in that area are lucky to have a pet store like that.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:20 AM   #25
TheCryptKeeper
Aquascaper = Artist

PTrader: (104/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezel77 View Post
took the hour and a half drive to check out the arc 2day. must say im impressed but fish prices seemed a little high to me. i had many questions and was able to get all questions answered as to why my blood stargrass leaves turned to mush cept at the bases. turns out that while i am using ferts i wasnt dosing correctly and they walked me step by step as how to read the water test kits.( i brought a sample of tank water with me) and how to dose accordingly. cant remember the guys name that helped me out but he assures me with the right dosing my stargrass will be fine(thank god). i was able to put an order in for a gold nugget pleco(L-18) and cant wait to make that drive again.!!!! he also suggested that i start a tank log book which i have done going back to when i first started the tank. any one in that area are lucky to have a pet store like that.
You probably spoke to John. He is the owners son but is kinda a douche. I used to go there frequently til he told one of the other employees I am a time waster. I asked a lot of questions and probably at that point spent at least 1500.00 in their store. To only be called a time waster. Screw those guys. I drive up to Bolingbrook IL now where the selection is better and they always have 40% off sales

Filstar Pimp #136

75 Gallon Planted Tank Journal *Click Here*
TheCryptKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #26
Chaoslord
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCryptKeeper View Post
You probably spoke to John. He is the owners son but is kinda a douche. I used to go there frequently til he told one of the other employees I am a time waster. I asked a lot of questions and probably at that point spent at least 1500.00 in their store. To only be called a time waster. Screw those guys. I drive up to Bolingbrook IL now where the selection is better and they always have 40% off sales
What is the name of the pet store in Bolingbrook ?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #27
MichaelMcG
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

he is probably talking about aquarium adventure
Old 07-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
InannaMoon
Geek

Wow! Small world! Great to see so many people from NWI here! I'm originally from Highland but married a charming Englishman and have lived in the UK for nearly 13 years now. Still it's great to see faces, or at least avatars, from home!!
InannaMoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #29
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCryptKeeper View Post
You probably spoke to John. He is the owners son but is kinda a douche.
Yup!

I know it's not in NWI but on a road trip I found Blue Fish Aquarium in Grandville MI. This place was A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!! They had super clean tanks, healthy fish, great service, and rare fish! I found fish I had never seen before! Totally worth going back to, even though 2 1/2 hours and a time zone away. Highly recommend.

46 Bow Front Planted

Eheim 2217, 2-39wt T5 bulbs (6700k)
Onion plant, amazon sword, red lotus, Christmas moss, and crypt lutea. 7 pristella tetras, 7 cardinal tetras, 2 Otocinclus, 1 patty, and several cherry shrimp.

125 Cichlid

All Male Hap, Peocock, and Mumba Cichlids. Plus yoyo loach and zebra loach.
PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 12:54 AM   #30
brennae

Hello, I live in Lowell. I find the Ark's prices high and they wouldn't special order fish for me. I do buy things there on occasion though, so its not all bad.
brennae is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ronnie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.