Flag stone for paladarium?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 04-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #1
ggsteve
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Flag stone for paladarium?

Hello, years ago, before digital cameras I built a paladarium using carefully cut pieces of flag stone to create my terrestrial planting pockets by siliconing the flagstone to the 55 gallon tank itself. I even had a corner waterfall that flowed down the flagstone wall. The set up had its idiosyncrasies and I learned a lot from that first attempt. I plan on trying again in a 45 gallon tall tank and setting it up for dart frogs. Has anyone else tried flagstone as a medium?

I have a tile and masonry saw that I will cut the flagstone with. I went to the landscape supply place yesterday and chose a couple of pieces of stone that will give me about 14" of water depth once cut and glued in. One thing I didn't like about my first paladarium, was how shallow the water area was. Do you think the tank will look odd with the water area deeper than the terrestrial area? Will the large aquatic area be a detriment to the frogs? Thank you in advance. I will have many more questions as I ponder this build
ggsteve is offline   Reply With Quote