Yeast went into tank GAH
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 04-13-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Little Soprano
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yeast went into tank GAH

So today I finished up planting my tank for the most part, got all my moss tied to my driftwood, and rocks as well. And then I refilled my CO2 bottles with yeast, and left to go get dog food. Come back, tank is so cloudy can't see the thermometer, and low and behold yeast are on the side of my tank. Ugh.

I normally just use an airstone hooked to it, but it must have been clogged causing extra pressure, and TADA.

There is only mosses (java, willow, christmas) and an Anubias Nana Petite in there. And some MTS that snuck in (if they get killed, that would be dandy). I do know they create a lot of CO2, but I also know they need oxygen to keep going. I did turn off my filter to avoid getting it all in to it, especially being it's brand new. I did a 75% water change (did 50% about 60 minutes ago before I left to go to the store), and that's about it lol.

Is there anything I should be adding to the tank right now? Is the yeast going to harm the plants at all? I do have a small pressurized system on the 40L, though this tank is only getting it temp. Should I take that one and move it to the small tank, and crank it to kill the yeast off faster? Or am I worrying too much...

Maybe I can just leave it and wait? Filter on/off?
Little Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #2
metageologist
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Your worrying to much. I have done this in the past when I had a DIY system just do the water changes turn your filter on and it would be clear by morning.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
Little Soprano
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I did throw some barley in there earlier for the string algae to keep it under control, so maybe the hydrogen peroxide it produces will kill it? It's starting to clear up.

-Rats- That means those snails aren't gonna be killed lol.
Little Soprano is offline   Reply With Quote