Who has the larges variety of a LFS in CT? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Connecticut

Old 05-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #16
stingraysrule
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I would not go to Waterbury Aquarium to get plants, unless you want algae plants.
The place is a mess, their tanks are full of algae, dead fish, and too many big fish in one tank.
The equipment that they sell, along with used equipment is sometimes a good price, but it is a hit or miss.
Wallingford All Pets is decent for fish, the plant selection is OK... just the garden variety of easy plants. The fish are in good shape but the equipment is outrageous, even if you do purchase the $50 yearly save 10% card.
Branford All Pets...... good fish, better plants, but do your homework because nobody knows what they are doing, and what they are selling.
stingraysrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #17
Digital
Planted Member

Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital

I just got back from the fish bowl in stamford... this is their website www.fishbowlpets.us

I pretty much only go there for congos and breeder angels, all the stock I've gotten from them is very strong and healthy.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
Franzi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

I stopped going there since being charged $6.99 for a portion of live blackworms which was HALF of what I used to get from them for $5.99.

I'm not down with paying more and getting way less. PetCo sells the same hikari frozen food I need for a buck less.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #19
frogsandfish
Planted Member

PTrader: (14/100%)

I would avoid Magic Pet Shop-drove an hour there and my 6 and 7 year old kept asking why they didn't take care of their fish and pointing out dead fish and fish being eaten in almost every tank. Wet Pets has a nice set up. Fish are pricey and small, but healthy and the employees seemed to know what they were talking about. We have gotten most of our fish from Petsmart in Waterbury or Petco in Danbury and they are both hit or miss. If they look sickly, we leave with my kids being pretty loud about how they don't take proper care of their fish...they know that those fish can make ours sick and are good about leaving empty handed if need be. They haven't mastered the art of subtlety...
frogsandfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2010, 03:20 AM   #20
stingraysrule
Planted Tank Obsessed

Wet Pets is mostly a variety of saltwater fish, very little tropical fish, and almost no plants.
The tanks are clean and well taken care of and their Morey eel that they have as a "pet" is worth the drive to see.
stingraysrule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #21
BettaBoy
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisinu View Post
What are the prices like at Greenwich Aquaria and House of Fins? I expect they run a bit higher than most, would that assumption be true?
VERY True.
But quality stuff.
I can walk to both house of fins and greenwich aquria.
BettaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #22
t0p_sh0tta
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Again, if you're looking for aquatic plants and rare-ish plecos, check out Aquatic Wildlife in Manchester.

I haven't had a chance to check out Greenwich yet though. The Puppy Center in West Hartford can get you ANY fish you want.
t0p_sh0tta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #23
Vancat2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I will ditto the Puppy Center in West Hartford. they usually have BN plecos, SAEs, amanos, stuff other LFSs don't have. Nice assortment. Plants not so much.
Vancat2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2011, 10:07 PM   #24
deleted_user_12
Planted Member

i really enjoy all pets club for an lfs, although you may say that it is just a another large fishstore chain you would be correct but i find that they have a lot of plants and fish there and although they may not have the healthiest or purest fish and plants for your money its great, and they always have great deals and very expirienced staff.
deleted_user_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #25
RobberyinCSharp
Algae Grower

Default Purrrfect pets is wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta View Post
I've been to others, but nothing that has really impressed me in regards to freshwater. BTW, there's another shop in Milford called Purrrfect pets that is pretty good for locating hard to find fish.

Be careful - All Pets Club will sell you sick fish! I received fish from them carrying ich and fungus once. Cost me a few fish through cross-contamination.

"Purrrfect Pets" is fantastic. I had to search the damn state to find Sparkling Gouramis and they had them! I was so excited to finally get my little guys. If it weren't for them, I'd never have gotten them!
RobberyinCSharp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #26
webdevbrian
Algae Grower

A little "pet land" opened up in Southbury where I live. Small little variety of fish, and basic other things.

webdevbrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.