i feel sick
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 03-09-2004, 05:36 PM   #1
compulsion
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to compulsion

i had a prime male fighter and 3 females, in one day the red female (i had red, green and white) has killed both females, and the male was so bitten and torn he copped it aswell. the white female didnt seem to have a mark on her but she was very shy and i saw her floating about, so i done what was right. the green female is runner up after the male, shes floating and looks pecked up but that could have happend after she died. the male i sectioned in a floatbox and some weed, lights off, he was my first in this tank and was tatty when i baught him, i fed him up and trained him well and he grew nice and big and the most exelent fins, his head darkend and he was the boss of the tank, 1 day he seemed to have a rip in his fin even when he was alone in the tank, the next few days the tips all split like a crowntail but they was slighty gritty looking. grey, last night he was ripped up a bit but not nothing serious, yet the female was attacking him untill the lights went off, after who knows, today i found him with this gritty grey all over his head and he was bobbing his head out of the water to get air because his mouth was shut, he didnt look like he was gonna pull throught so i took him from the tank and broke his mouth apart slightly and thereafter he could take a bubble without going so far out the water. i come home after work and hes packed in aswell...
this is real sad, i cant think of what the growth was but no others seem to have it. the only remaining fighter is the red female, to which i might just put in the garden pond for killing my prize man.

any response on this guys? maybe a clue as to what the growth could be. and treatment..

also if im gonna have to use meth blue. a way to rid all the crap staining.

i have no cam to show the fish unfortunalty.
any help would be great. thanks
2.7WPG 160W 10,000k 5xNO T8's
Sand+Eco Clay, CSM+B Baby Steps + Pres.Co2
compulsion is offline   Reply With Quote