Misouri Aquarium Society Winter Auction!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Missouri

Old 01-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #1
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (278/99%)
Talking

Misouri Aquarium Society Winter Auction!!!

I was at Tropical Word Pet's (probly my favorite lfs in STL) and picked up a little flyer about this, so I though I would post it up in case anyone in the area is interested. If you are, shoot me a pm or post here, I would like to meet any locals that are on the board!

February 10, 2008
Viewing @ 11:00am Auction starts @ Noon
Location: Stratford Inn, 800 S. Highway Drive, Fenton MO 63026
Just one mile west of I-270 across I-44 from Fenton Chrysler Plant

Info & Registration: John 618-604-7228 or Johnsfishy@att.net

Their Web Site is www.missouriaquariumsociety.org

Freshwater Tropical Fish, Goldfish, Aquatic Plants, Supplies, Books Equipment, Tanks, Live Foods and MORE! Raffle!
bsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
g8wayg8r
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

There is always an outstanding selection fish. The club is dominated by lots of experienced breeders but interest in plants is increasing and many of the member have grown and propagated plants (and not just the common, easy ones vegetatively) but from seeds. The quantity of plants was up and I was pleased to see more diversity, although I did not help much there. I donated nice clumps of well-fed common varieties to the club rather than putting them in the landfill after my weekly cropping: rotala rotundifolia, bacopa caroliniana, pogostomen stellata, hygrophila corymbosa v angustifolia, lysimachia nummularia and some phyllanthus fluitans (and yes, I really do like that one). Although very ordinary they were a prize for price paid by those patient enough to wait until the end of the day. Plus, most folks should be able to keep them growing to some extent. Fortunately, we also had some donations from an aquatic nursery. The red nesaea looked nice but a little tired from the trip, however. I would have gotten some but I've got too dang many stem plants and I've been concentrating of getting an easier to keep foundation of slow growing plants that don't need a bunch of light: anubias, crypts, vesicularia, etc. I did buy a nice piece of anubias hastifolia and clump of subwassertang because it was so odd looking. We'll see how long I'll manage with that! Fortunately, a couple of my friends gave me some bobitus, crypts and marsilea minuta, which I'll put to good use. It always pays in the long run to give plants away as a gift.

This message is always under construction: 75-gallon tank; 2, Eheim 2026 filters - one twice broken; Tek Light with 4, 54W T5s (6000K) ; Sand on top of 4:1 sand:clay mixture; Milwaukee CO2 controller; PlantGuild vortex CO2 reactor; pH = 6.6, kH=70mg/l, GH=120mg/l; EI; Flourish excel on 50% weekly water change: AGA Member.
g8wayg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:51 AM   #3
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

Did you go to the one yesterday?
Old 02-12-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
g8wayg8r
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yes, indeed. I usually spend my time behind the tables but was a runner most of the day.

This message is always under construction: 75-gallon tank; 2, Eheim 2026 filters - one twice broken; Tek Light with 4, 54W T5s (6000K) ; Sand on top of 4:1 sand:clay mixture; Milwaukee CO2 controller; PlantGuild vortex CO2 reactor; pH = 6.6, kH=70mg/l, GH=120mg/l; EI; Flourish excel on 50% weekly water change: AGA Member.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
bsmith
Planted Tank Guru

Do you go to Tropical world pet's off of Watson often? They always have the info about the events.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #6
g8wayg8r
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm in St Charles so that's a bit out of the way although I have family in Shrewsbury. I'll have to remember to drop by there sometime rather than relaxing with a lovely beverage under a gazebo.