Fluval Spec 2Gal - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #31
cyfan964
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent69 View Post

Here's a picture of my co2 setup. It's still a work in progress. Im using an airstone for diffuser since im still waiting for my glass ceramic diffusers to get here and I would rather use this than the ugly stock diffuser this comes with.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Many people don't know this but if you break off the tip of a bamboo chopstick and shove that in the airline tubing it makes a great diffuser.
cyfan964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2014, 10:23 PM   #32
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyfan964 View Post
Many people don't know this but if you break off the tip of a bamboo chopstick and shove that in the airline tubing it makes a great diffuser.
@cyfan - thanks for that ill give it a try and see how well it diffuses because the airstone is really terrible but its better than nothing

Agent69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #33
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (51/96%)

So the regulator in this photo is the one from fluval 20g co2 kit right? You use two co2 tube, 1 input to bubble counter and 1 output from bubble counter to your airstone?
Master503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:06 AM   #34
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master503 View Post
So the regulator in this photo is the one from fluval 20g co2 kit right? You use two co2 tube, 1 input to bubble counter and 1 output from bubble counter to your airstone?
Yes it's the same regulator although the cartridge is different. I cut the tube to connect the bubble counter and airstone together although I still need to put a couple check valves in there. Tomorrow I'm gonna go pick up a better diffuser and since it's day of my water change I will see what other goodies I pick up
Old 04-05-2014, 06:13 PM   #35
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:

Here's another pic for you. The fluval regulator valve has a check valve in the line that goes to the bubble counter and also another that goes from bubble counter to diffuser. Today I woke up and the bubble counter was full of water and only inches from siphoning back to the valve.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #36
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update pic! Well guys the hairgrass is showing fast growth almost immediately shooting runners. Baby tears decayed and are almost wiped out. I took a few more from my high tech 8 gallon to give it another shot. I suspect they decayed since I was dosing 20X the reccomended amount of excel because I hoped it would provide more than plenty co2 to keep up with the high light, but now that I have decent pressurized co2 going in maybe it'll be different. If the baby tears dont make it im gonna give up and plant all hairgrass. Another problem im having is when I siphon water out as im pulling the siphon out it drops remaining water in the chamber and messes up the whole scape.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:38 AM   #37
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, thÝs is exactly what i want to see. As i know the babytears are doing good with co2 and good light condition. How is your fluval co2 kit run so far?

I need to get bubble counter in order to run a small setup like this kit. The bubble counter you are using is the Fluval 88g bubble counter right?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:17 AM   #38
nomad1721
Algae Grower

Nice find on the replacement cartridges! I have one of those Fluval kits somewhere. I'm going to have to dig it up and take it to the bike store and see what I find.

The tank is looking good, I hope the baby tears take hold!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #39
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Thanks, thÝs is exactly what i want to see. As i know the babytears are doing good with co2 and good light condition. How is your fluval co2 kit run so far?

I need to get bubble counter in order to run a small setup like this kit. The bubble counter you are using is the Fluval 88g bubble counter right?
Yea the bubble counter i bought is made by fluval for the 88g version. It's running really good no complaints here. Really easy to adjust I run 1bps for this tank. I hope the baby tears bounce back but regardless they are slow growers and I'm very impatient haha so I might end up planting the hairgrass but I'll give it a few months I hope they make it!!
Old 04-06-2014, 06:24 AM   #40
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad1721 View Post
Nice find on the replacement cartridges! I have one of those Fluval kits somewhere. I'm going to have to dig it up and take it to the bike store and see what I find.

The tank is looking good, I hope the baby tears take hold!
Thanks nomad I really hope so too I can't afford to lose any more since my supply from my growout tank is running low and can't afford to pull any more out. The previous batch completely melted hopefully these do well since there won't be as much co2 fluctuations. I'm using a 13w fluval PC bulb 67k and I've seen this thing grow mad algae on a 8 gallon before so it might be overkill on this 2 gallon haha we'll see.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:31 AM   #41
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

How is this co2 setup running so far? Any good result? Today I just purchase two nano glass diffuser from my local for just $5 total. I still need bubble counter so I can test out the same way as your.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:55 AM   #42
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well guys I was bored today so I tore up one of my tanks today because my 38 is ready to get going and pretty much transfered all my plants and media over. But I didn't want to put moss in my new tank at least not yet especially since it's mixed with riccia ugghh I can't separate that stuff anymore and it floats and I would hate having riccia get tangled up in my dhg again lol. Long story short I'm left with a huge amount of moss and I didn't want to throw it away so I decided why not rescape the spec ha! I still have some work to do but for now I like how it came out.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2014, 06:00 AM   #43
Agent69
Planted Tank Obsessed

For now I threw in some baby assassin snails since the moss most likely has some pond snail eggs, in the second picture you can see a pond snail on top of the moss I pulled him out already but I know it's probably already too late.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk