Looking for tanks, plants (Gainesville)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
FLGirl41
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Looking for tanks, plants (Gainesville)

Hi everyone,

I am getting back into the hobby and am looking for several things. I thought I would ask locally first.

In particular I need:
- a tank/stand with a 48x24 inch footprint (either a 120 gallon or 150 gallon)
- a 40 gallon breeder tank
- a 15 or 20 gallon tall tank (20-inch width)
- plants (looking to fully stock a 36 bow front and a riparium)

Thanks for looking!
FLGirl41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
chunkychun
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)

if you want commercial source, I think greenleaf aquarium is in gainesville and they have lots of stuff

http://greenleafaquariums.com/
Old 03-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
FLGirl41
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychun View Post
if you want commercial source, I think greenleaf aquarium is in gainesville and they have lots of stuff

http://greenleafaquariums.com/
Hi chunkychun, thanks for the recommendation. I checked out their website a while ago but didn't see any plants listed. It would be great if they'll still selling and I'm just not seeing it.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
kamebard
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

UF's biology department has a ton of live cultures (daphnia, fruit flies, worms, etc...) great source if you have access.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
FLGirl41
Algae Grower

Just FYI, I contacted Green Leaf Aquariums and they are not currently selling plants.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
Shootingstar
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm in G'ville and have a 20-tall for sale, among other things. Everything in this ad: http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pet/4322217950.html Plus I'm redoing a tank and will have lots of Dwarf Sag and Java Moss, a small piece of mopani wood with Java Moss and Java Fern attached, and a handful of pygmy cory, endler males, and cherry shrimp.

I've also seen an ad on the G'ville clist with HC mats, Scarlet Temple, Wisteria, and Cherry Shrimp.

Aquatropics is great for fish and equipment, not as much for plants.

-- And if you want the eco-complete, you can have it for like $5. Free if you don't take the bucket it's in. I'm about to give up and just toss it.
Shootingstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #7
FLGirl41
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootingstar View Post
I'm in G'ville and have a 20-tall for sale, among other things. Everything in this ad: http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pet/4322217950.html Plus I'm redoing a tank and will have lots of Dwarf Sag and Java Moss, a small piece of mopani wood with Java Moss and Java Fern attached, and a handful of pygmy cory, endler males, and cherry shrimp.

I've also seen an ad on the G'ville clist with HC mats, Scarlet Temple, Wisteria, and Cherry Shrimp.

Aquatropics is great for fish and equipment, not as much for plants.

-- And if you want the eco-complete, you can have it for like $5. Free if you don't take the bucket it's in. I'm about to give up and just toss it.
I'm very interested, Shootingstar. I will send you a PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #8
AquaJay
Algae Grower

FLGirl 41, I'm actually the one selling all that stuff on Craigslist under Aquarium/Freshwater plants, haha! I sold out of all my plants, otherwise you could have had them. I re-did my parents' 10 gallon and got rid of a bunch of stuff, I still have some mopani wood and cherry shrimp if you're interested. You can get ALOT of plants for free by just visiting the local ponds, Paynes Prarie, or the local springs for that matter. It's just a matter of what you want and going out and finding it . I'm in the process of finding some red root floaters (Phyllanthus fluitans) since you can only find them here in FL, unfortunately they're an invasive species that is proliferating pretty rapidly here in the state and it's considered a nuisance. A good source would probably be the UF Aquatic Management Center just off Millhopper Rd and 43rd. I took a fisheries class as an undergrad at UF and I remember going there and seeing tons of stuff being cultivated for different purposes. I've been wanting to get in touch with them and finding out what they have. But the Gainesville area in general is a great place to find all kinds of aquatic plants for FREE!!!
AquaJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #9
Chondrobob
Algae Grower

What species would I find to collect in Palm Beach County?
Chondrobob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
gainesville, plants, riparium

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.