More Eheim questions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-06-2004, 06:38 PM   #1
jahysun
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ok as stated in a previous post Eheim has NO MARKETING DEPARTMENT. So I cant decide what type of filter to go with. The Classics are cheaper than the rest but honestly whats the big diffrence besides price between the ecco Pro and Classic models? Im putting this on a yet to be completed 29g moderetly plated aquarium. I intend on having DIY CO2 so I also need to know which of these models work best with the CO2...Does the CO2 just go inline with the filter before the intake or after it comes out of the Filter?
Also Icant seem to find any difinitive answer about what exactly comes with an Eheim filter are we talking hoses uptake tube spraybar etc. or just the filter also what kind of media comes with an Eheim?

And the final question Should I go with something other than Eheim?
jahysun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
quilaho
Algae Grower

Quote:
Also Icant seem to find any difinitive answer about what exactly comes with an Eheim filter are we talking hoses uptake tube spraybar etc. or just the filter also what kind of media comes with an Eheim?
it should come with everything ... if it does not, order elsewhere. actually, the pro II i ordered from bigalsonline.com came with fancier intake and spraybar in addition to the ones that were in the box with the filter itself at no additional cost. i'm not exactly sure if it was a mistake, a special i did not notice at time of order or their standard operating procedure but, i was pleased.
quilaho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2004, 02:46 AM   #3
infin
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

i had the same decision to make, i landed up getting a classic 2213 instead of the ecco, the classic has a far better reputation, now comes with a media basket for easy filter changes, and is quieter. I dont think the eco comes with a spraybar either. I sold the classic for a pro2, has to be the best filter ive ever owned.
infin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2004, 05:09 AM   #4
jahysun
Algae Grower

First of all thanks for the replies Ok so far thats 2 votes for the Pro II. I wonder if the Pro II will be over kill for the relativley small tank that Im starting. Is there such a thing as over filtration? Ive noticed that there are a few people who seem to incorparate multiple filtraions systems in there setups i.e. APro II along with a classic is that necesary? thanks again -jason
Old 03-07-2004, 05:35 PM   #5
Saxman
Algae Grower

I have only dealt with the ECCO's and I think they are fantastic! Maybe it is because I don't know what I am missing I had an ECCO 2233 running on a 29g for the last five years and I thought it was perfect. My tank is exactly what you are describing - moderately to medium planted with DIY C02 - I could not have been happier with the ECCO and recently bought another one when I upgraded to a 75g.

The Pro II looks like the king, but I decided to go with 2 ECCOs since I already had one, rather than the Pro II. It saved me a few bucks - but only because I was already happy with my Ecco experience.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #6
eds
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Last week I ordered an ECCO 2231 from Big Al's for my reasonably heavily planted 30g.
They called me back to tell me they were out of 2231s, and I agreed to have them send me a 2232 directly from Eheim.
I'll let you know what it comes with and how it sets up.
eds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2004, 02:56 PM   #7
George Willms
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

I run a 2026 ProII on my 29 gallon tank. I couldn't be happier, great filter. It is very powerful for a tank of this size, but there are many ways to work around that issue, such as drilling arger holes in the spray bar, place the spray bar so that it faces the glass, etc. etc. I would highly recommend the pro II for your tank.
Ehfipimp extraordinaire!
Eheim Pimp Club Recruiter, Saergant at Arms, and Enforcer.

29 and 45 gallon. 2026, 2028
My 29 gallon tank
George Willms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2004, 12:07 AM   #8
jahysun
Algae Grower

thanks for all the advice people im going to buckle down and make a decision soon. Im gonna try and find an Ehiem that comes with all those upgrades others have mentioned. (Spraybar,uptake etc.) thanks again
Old 03-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #9
TexasState
Algae Grower

I've just got my catalog from DrsFostersandSmith. In the back, they advertise the package special for Eheim Pro. their pro II version comes with media and the upgrade spraybar, uptake. Supplies are limited.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:24 AM   #10
jahysun
Algae Grower

thanks for the heads up my Fostersmith catalog got here yesterday i havent finished goinh through it yet. Is the price they have listed on par with other merchants?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.