Benji's ADA 60P V2 : Ascension : Unorthodox Mountain Iwagumi - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 05:16 AM   #16
kman
Wannabe Guru
 
kman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,085
Default

Dang, that's a lot of rock...
__________________
kman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 AM   #17
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman View Post
Dang, that's a lot of rock...

Yup, 50 lbs :>
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:05 AM   #18
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru
 
talontsiawd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 4,347
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Default

Looks like you are setup for the next idea. I think you said lava rock at some point, is that seiryu? I think it's a much better choice. Where did you get it?
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 06:06 AM   #19
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Looks like you are setup for the next idea. I think you said lava rock at some point, is that seiryu? I think it's a much better choice. Where did you get it?

Lava rock to build up the slope (under the Aquasoil). I got it on evilbay, but I think the seller has a TPT Account.
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 02:22 AM   #20
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Well I decided to go Iwagumi. Thoughts?
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 03:52 AM   #21
Menace
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Menace's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: FL, USA
Posts: 311
Default

I like it.
Menace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru
 
talontsiawd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 4,347
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Default

Looks good. Just make sure it is tall enough where the highest rock is around 2/3 as tall of the tank. Around 9 in tall with substrate. I think my biggest complaint with 60P's when done Iwagumi is they are often really short. I wouldn't say the 60P is tall, per say, but it's not short. It looks like that will not be problem, it seems you have a lot of height, just making the suggestion. I like the design.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #23
synaethetic
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
synaethetic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Looks good. Just make sure it is tall enough where the highest rock is around 2/3 as tall of the tank. Around 9 in tall with substrate. I think my biggest complaint with 60P's when done Iwagumi is they are often really short. I wouldn't say the 60P is tall, per say, but it's not short. It looks like that will not be problem, it seems you have a lot of height, just making the suggestion. I like the design.
+1

What you've put together right there looks real good.
synaethetic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 PM   #24
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
I like it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
Looks good. Just make sure it is tall enough where the highest rock is around 2/3 as tall of the tank. Around 9 in tall with substrate. I think my biggest complaint with 60P's when done Iwagumi is they are often really short. I wouldn't say the 60P is tall, per say, but it's not short. It looks like that will not be problem, it seems you have a lot of height, just making the suggestion. I like the design.

Yeah, I agree. Mine is about 11" tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaethetic View Post
+1



What you've put together right there looks real good.

Thanks!
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #25
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Please tell me what to change or what not to, I am waiting until I'm 100% satisfied to put the Aquasoil powder
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 03:54 AM   #26
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru
 
talontsiawd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 4,347
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd
Default

OK, I really like this. I am wondering if there is a way to lower the rock on the right side. Maybe it should be the one of the left, I don't know. It's not the fact they are almost the same height, though that's part of it. It's that one is really "beefy" and the other is skinny/pointy. Also, the texture in the rock goes in a different direction. It may be easier to move the bigger rock but I would do the smaller. It may be as simple as tilting it a direction of just lowering it down.

That said, I would be perfectly happy if that was my tank. Great job.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #27
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontsiawd View Post
OK, I really like this. I am wondering if there is a way to lower the rock on the right side. Maybe it should be the one of the left, I don't know. It's not the fact they are almost the same height, though that's part of it. It's that one is really "beefy" and the other is skinny/pointy. Also, the texture in the rock goes in a different direction. It may be easier to move the bigger rock but I would do the smaller. It may be as simple as tilting it a direction of just lowering it down.

That said, I would be perfectly happy if that was my tank. Great job.

Yeah, it was bugging me, too, so I moved it after I posted this. I will take pics tomorrow, I am more pleased I think.
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 05:28 AM   #28
chocological
Planted Member
 
chocological's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 257
Default

Is that one of those "ebay" rock packages? I've been meaning to order one. Either way they look good.

I'd try to make the largest rock my "main" stone.
In your pic it appears to be this one:


Seems others have the same issue I do. My eye is just gravitating toward that one..
chocological is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #29
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocological View Post
Is that one of those "ebay" rock packages? I've been meaning to order one. Either way they look good.

I'd try to make the largest rock my "main" stone.
In your pic it appears to be this one:


Seems others have the same issue I do. My eye is just gravitating toward that one..

That's actually 3 rocks, but I changed it so it's more obvious.
Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #30
Bserve
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
Bserve's Avatar
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: West Los Angleles, CA
Posts: 758
Default

After a scare with this morning's earthquake, all is well.



Bserve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012