New 20 gallon long tank build! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
TankYouVeryMuch
[Shrimpoholic]

PTrader: (27/100%)

a black background will really clean up the messy wire look.

I didnt have luck with ANY products to help cycle, so ive always done it the old fashion way.. snails/ammonia and such.

Looks good,
TankYouVeryMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #17
Trigger334
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankYouVeryMuch View Post
a black background will really clean up the messy wire look.

I didnt have luck with ANY products to help cycle, so ive always done it the old fashion way.. snails/ammonia and such.

Looks good,
Ya, black background is the plan and I'm going to work on hiding all the equipment a little better.

Age media is what go my tank really going. I used a sponge filter from a friend.

Thanks for checking it out.
Trigger334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
Trigger334
Algae Grower

Projects coming along.

I received my T-2 lighting from American Aquarium Products. The lighting seems to be prefect. Nice cheaper option for lighting. I'll post more picture of what it looks like.

Added a big pleco from a friend. Not an ideal tank for him, but he has more room now than he did. Here's some updated pictures.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
Trigger334
Algae Grower

Here is what the T-2 lighting looks like. Interesting little light. I should be able to grow whatever I want, even high light requiring plants. They claim they have a really high PAR.

Old 03-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #20
Trigger334
Algae Grower

Default The new Angles

I also picked up a couple baby Angles. Pick up 6, 2 to me and 4 to Steven from AAP. All were doing just fine, but the biggest one of the bunch. He was very stressed out from the move and may even have a disease. I try to get he to claim down with some Meth. Blue, then made sure my tank was spot on, so not to shock him more. I should have dripped my water into his water to slowly adjust the pH, but I did it bit by bit instead. Here is the process of when I got him home.

He's the big one in the bag. Both about 1 month old.

Me running some tests

Everything I used for my checks

All my parameters are in check. The pH is a little higher than I like, but I have been dosing SeaChem Acid buffer since this picture.

No Ammonia!

See how he swims with his noise up more. He really have to use all of his fins to get level. When his is resting, he will go behind my sponge filter and go completely vertical. Once he swims he's ok. No laying on the bottom and he loves to eat.

Cute little guy.

I'm continuing to give him a MB bath and will be adding SeaChem Paraguard starting today.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #21
Trigger334
Algae Grower

Default RIP "Shakes"

So here's an updated shot of what the tank looks like with the T-2 lighting.

--------------------

Progress with the Angle RIP in "Shakes"---my boys named him Shakes because of the way he would swim.

I had been giving him baths everyday. The last bath, I knew something was wrong. He wasn't able to come up for food. I also learned I missed one of the main things in a bath, which was salt. I had all the medications right, but no salt. He may have survived, but I tried.

Not sure what he passed from. Since I got him, he couldn't pull himself off the ground. Would go vertical and started to loss his black coat.

I brought home 6 angles. Gave 4 to a friend, 2 to me. Now the one passed away, so I'm left with one. My tank is getting pretty full, so I don't think I try for another. Just work on making my one Angle and the other fish grow to be happy and strong.

Feel free if anyone knows what he might have passed from. I know that Angles are very delicate when they are babies. 5/6 survived. The biggest one I got was the one that passed...
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #22
Flinty
Algae Grower

Very poor stocking. That pleco is already way too big for that tank. Angelfish also need at least a 29 gallon tank (for height, mainly). Your kissing gourami is going to get a foot long as well. You're gonna need a HUGE tank (the pleco will need 300g) and fast.
Flinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 PM   #23
yellabelly
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinty View Post
Very poor stocking. That pleco is already way too big for that tank. Angelfish also need at least a 29 gallon tank (for height, mainly). Your kissing gourami is going to get a foot long as well. You're gonna need a HUGE tank (the pleco will need 300g) and fast.
Thats pretty rude! 300g for a pleco? Its not a redtail cat. They dont constantly move around. Plecos are practically live rocks. If you read earlier posts, it's in a bigger tank than originally. Sounds like trigger is rescuing fish that needed a better home.

Good job so far! Continue the learning curve with US and nevermind the naysayers.
yellabelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aged media cycle, new tank, planted, trigg