planted+ review after 4 months....pics - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
jrill
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 411
Default

I did. Leaving on all the time is not the issue in your statement that the light only produces "low" light. That's just untrue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
jrill is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
PTrader: (94/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrill View Post
I did. Leaving on all the time is not the issue in your statement that the light only produces "low" light. That's just untrue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte. Original post states "fairly low light".

On this tank I had every light imaginable and this one has by far the lowest par readings (yes I own one of those too). There is a thread here somewhere about my par readings even though it does not correctly read the REDS it still came out fairly low. This tank had the $500 dollar ATI lights, Aquaillumination LEDs and a few other expensive fixtures....nothing beats this finnex with the way it grows my "low" light plants (crypts and anubias). I own 6 of these lights.

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing. And I still stand by my statement that these do not produce a ton of par.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
jrill
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Eastern Kentucky
Posts: 411
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte. Original post states "fairly low light".

On this tank I had every light imaginable and this one has by far the lowest par readings (yes I own one of those too). There is a thread here somewhere about my par readings even though it does not correctly read the REDS it still came out fairly low. This tank had the $500 dollar ATI lights, Aquaillumination LEDs and a few other expensive fixtures....nothing beats this finnex with the way it grows my "low" light plants (crypts and anubias). I own 6 of these lights.

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing.
OK, if your going to get nasty, then were done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
jrill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
BruceF
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Centennial,Co
Posts: 1,095
Default

lol
Tank looks great. Perfect example for people who want an easy tank.
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 AM   #20
lamiskool
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
lamiskool's Avatar
 
PTrader: (11/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fremont, CA
Posts: 984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte. Original post states "fairly low light".

On this tank I had every light imaginable and this one has by far the lowest par readings (yes I own one of those too). There is a thread here somewhere about my par readings even though it does not correctly read the REDS it still came out fairly low. This tank had the $500 dollar ATI lights, Aquaillumination LEDs and a few other expensive fixtures....nothing beats this finnex with the way it grows my "low" light plants (crypts and anubias). I own 6 of these lights.

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing. And I still stand by my statement that these do not produce a ton of par.
Calling bs on this and have to agree with jrill, Im pretty experienced at keeping tanks/plants and Id have to say they produce med to high med light in my opinion. Even with CO2 and proper dosing I still get some algae unless I put a screen over the light. Not going to get in an argument over this but just putting in my 2 cent and also pointing out there was no need to get nasty to someone on the forum.
__________________
lamiskool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
PTrader: (94/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiskool View Post
Calling bs on this and have to agree with jrill, Im pretty experienced at keeping tanks/plants and Id have to say they produce med to high med light in my opinion. Even with CO2 and proper dosing I still get some algae unless I put a screen over the light. Not going to get in an argument over this but just putting in my 2 cent and also pointing out there was no need to get nasty to someone on the forum.
Not sure what is BS. My tank literally does not get algae and I do not use ferts or co2 (tank is filled with shrimp). And if you look the tank is filled with low light plants such as crypts and anubias. I have a journal on it you might want to check out so you see that it wasn't just put together last week. You can get algae with the cheap t8 lights that come with Petco hoods that put out 10par...just sayin.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012