planted+ review after 4 months....pics - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 03-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
jrill
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I did. Leaving on all the time is not the issue in your statement that the light only produces "low" light. That's just untrue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
jrill is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrill View Post
I did. Leaving on all the time is not the issue in your statement that the light only produces "low" light. That's just untrue.

Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte. Original post states "fairly low light".

On this tank I had every light imaginable and this one has by far the lowest par readings (yes I own one of those too). There is a thread here somewhere about my par readings even though it does not correctly read the REDS it still came out fairly low. This tank had the $500 dollar ATI lights, Aquaillumination LEDs and a few other expensive fixtures....nothing beats this finnex with the way it grows my "low" light plants (crypts and anubias). I own 6 of these lights.

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing. And I still stand by my statement that these do not produce a ton of par.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #18
jrill
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Reading comprehension is definitely not your forte. Original post states "fairly low light".

On this tank I had every light imaginable and this one has by far the lowest par readings (yes I own one of those too). There is a thread here somewhere about my par readings even though it does not correctly read the REDS it still came out fairly low. This tank had the $500 dollar ATI lights, Aquaillumination LEDs and a few other expensive fixtures....nothing beats this finnex with the way it grows my "low" light plants (crypts and anubias). I own 6 of these lights.

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing.
OK, if your going to get nasty, then were done.

jrill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

lol
Tank looks great. Perfect example for people who want an easy tank.
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:03 AM   #20
lamiskool
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post

If you are getting algae with this light then you obviously do not know what you're doing. And I still stand by my statement that these do not produce a ton of par.
Calling bs on this and have to agree with jrill, Im pretty experienced at keeping tanks/plants and Id have to say they produce med to high med light in my opinion. Even with CO2 and proper dosing I still get some algae unless I put a screen over the light. Not going to get in an argument over this but just putting in my 2 cent and also pointing out there was no need to get nasty to someone on the forum.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #21
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamiskool View Post
Calling bs on this and have to agree with jrill, Im pretty experienced at keeping tanks/plants and Id have to say they produce med to high med light in my opinion. Even with CO2 and proper dosing I still get some algae unless I put a screen over the light. Not going to get in an argument over this but just putting in my 2 cent and also pointing out there was no need to get nasty to someone on the forum.
Not sure what is BS. My tank literally does not get algae and I do not use ferts or co2 (tank is filled with shrimp). And if you look the tank is filled with low light plants such as crypts and anubias. I have a journal on it you might want to check out so you see that it wasn't just put together last week. You can get algae with the cheap t8 lights that come with Petco hoods that put out 10par...just sayin.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote