Jeffboyarrdee's UCLA 45cm ADA - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 01-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #16
gotcheaprice
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Looks awesome! Cool to see someone with a tank in the dorms. I plan on doing this too when I go to college.

What's UCLA's dorm policy on tanks though? I'm gonna apply there
gotcheaprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #17
jeffboyarrdee
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

yes the rapids canister is not strong at all, do you guys think if i changed the tubing to a non-ribbed tubing that the flow would be significantly strong?

and i dont live in the dorms, i dont know the policy of tanks in the dorm, i live in the apartments on kelton across the street from school.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #18
erijnal
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Dorm policy is 10 gallons max. You could probably get away with 15 gallons, but once you're at 20 gallons you're going to need your own stand, plus they might know it's bigger than 10 gallons when they do room inspections.

From what I've read, the tubing should help a lot, as well as getting rid of the flow indicator. Like I said, I have some Eheim tubing you're welcome to. Plant-wise, let me know if my tank has anything that you'd be interested in.

If you want to sell/trade any of that delicious black wood, I'd be down =D. Just need to get some Blyxa, some Rotala sp. 'Mini', and I'm going to tear down my current layout after I take some final pictures.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:24 PM   #19
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleco4me View Post
Looks awesome!

Do you find the tom rapids cannister filter doesnt push out as much as it states (300lph)?
It seems to make some funny noises, then dies basically. I will be calling about that two year warranty thats advertised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erijnal View Post

From what I've read, the tubing should help a lot, as well as getting rid of the flow indicator. Like I said, I have some Eheim tubing you're welcome to. Plant-wise, let me know if my tank has anything that you'd be interested in.
Would you just change the tubing and it should work fine? The connectors seem to be a bit specialized for the exact tube it comes with, which is terrible... How are we supposed to be able to take the flow indicator out? It gets clogged and kills flow, but I'm pretty sure its stuck in there. If you can explain how to get it out, if I can't get a new one under the "2 year warranty" I'll be doing this... (Or after I get a new one!)

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:30 PM   #20
rasetsu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm a UCLA grad from a few moons ago. Stayed in the West LA area for several years after though. There's a nice LFS on Pico and Bundy called Medusa. It's next to Teddy's Cafe. There used to be a place called LA Aquarium on Pico and Barrington that closed down about a year ago. Big place and it was there for ages.
rasetsu is offline   Reply With Quote