Need help in aqua-scape
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 02-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #1
avvi

PTrader: (0/0%)

Need help in aqua-scape

Hi All,

Very happy to part of this forum and glad to meet you all.
I am a complete rookie for this hobby and looking forward to experiment with my first planted tank. Having spent months together on reading different forums finally decided to buy a tank and take my baby steps.

Here it goes,

Need your help and guidance to get my aqua-scape right and pleasing before buying the plants.

Setup so far,
Tank: 60 cm (L) x 30 cm (D) x 35 cm (H)
Substarate : ADA Amazonia
Filter: HOB
Lights : T5 (24w x 2)
Fertilizers: EI dosing (Yet to purchase the chemicals)
Co2: Pressurized
Fish: Not decided

Looking forward for your suggestions. Thank you.

Regards,
Avinash
avvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Solcielo lawrencia
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

A brighter picture (longer exposure time) would surely help.

It's interesting (funny) as it's composed of three separate parts each comprised of three pieces:
1. the three stones
2. the three twigs
3. the three left side stuff

It's like modern abstract expressionism. That's not necessarily a good thing.
You'll probably have algae problems with that kind of lighting.

What are your goals?
Solcielo lawrencia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Sean W.
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

Hello Avinash and welcome!

I think your heart is in the right place with this first attempt of a hardscape and layout, and im sure you are finding like all first time aquascapers that making a visually appealing and natural looking aquascape is actually quite difficult. I encourage you to check out these links and soak up everything you can.

a great source of information and inspiration is TheGreenMachine youtube channel, i suggest you watch all of the videos, there is only like 20 i think. They have a few about setting up a simple but impressive aquascape.

TheGreenMachine youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_r2NYCo35CKai3ZMfXyASw

Tropica.com's layout page, among many resources to a first time aqucaper on their website, their layout page is great because they have close to 100 scapes to look at, most of them have videos showing how they were made and have diagrams of the tank showing what and where everything is in the tank.

http://www.tropica.com/en/layouts.aspx

Looking at many of these pictures and videos of professional aquascapes can be intimidating and you might think to yourself, " there is no way i could ever build a tank like that ". Me and and everyone else here on this forum is here to tell you that you can have a tank that looks just as good, but just as with anything else in life, it takes practice, patience and research. you can do it!

Good luck, and welcome again!
Sean W. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
llayz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean W. View Post
Hello Avinash and welcome!

I think your heart is in the right place with this first attempt of a hardscape and layout, and im sure you are finding like all first time aquascapers that making a visually appealing and natural looking aquascape is actually quite difficult. I encourage you to check out these links and soak up everything you can.

a great source of information and inspiration is TheGreenMachine youtube channel, i suggest you watch all of the videos, there is only like 20 i think. They have a few about setting up a simple but impressive aquascape.

TheGreenMachine youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_r2NYCo35CKai3ZMfXyASw

Tropica.com's layout page, among many resources to a first time aqucaper on their website, their layout page is great because they have close to 100 scapes to look at, most of them have videos showing how they were made and have diagrams of the tank showing what and where everything is in the tank.

http://www.tropica.com/en/layouts.aspx

Looking at many of these pictures and videos of professional aquascapes can be intimidating and you might think to yourself, " there is no way i could ever build a tank like that ". Me and and everyone else here on this forum is here to tell you that you can have a tank that looks just as good, but just as with anything else in life, it takes practice, patience and research. you can do it!

Good luck, and welcome again!
I'm a newb to aquascaping and those 2 links just helped me a ton on my new 30g tank!! thanks for the post!!
llayz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.