GCCA Swap Meet - April 27th - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 04-27-2014, 11:25 PM   #16
CKSasquatch
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Haha. I'm glad you mentioned this. I went for my first time today to on elf these swaps and dear lord the BO. What is wrong with some people, makes the fish hobby look more crazy
CKSasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2014, 02:02 AM   #17
Absolut Talent
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinycard255 View Post

You can usually find good prices on stuff, which is why I go
oh no doubt. The prices were great. Picked up some shrimps and bloodworms
Absolut Talent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #18
mikeb524
Algae Grower

The tight quarters is a def upset bit I found some awesome driftwood, crystal red shrimp, some bolbitis and 2 awesome.e pearlscale angelfish. With all the positives tho comes the negatives of pushy rude people pushing my little girlfriend out of the way, the body odor, and the heat from all the people packed in the small rooms. This was my first swap and i think its an awesome event and I enjoyed it. I hope they find a bigger room or hall to hold these events in the future though!
mikeb524 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #19
Ashok
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

It was my first swap meet. An interesting experience. Glad to see so many enthusiasts. However the place was way too small. It got very warm within minutes of the start.

The swap meet might work better for people who already know exactly what they want. I was hoping to browse and pick up things I find interesting but it wasn't the right environment for that.

Still, I'm glad the organizers take the time to do this. I'll most likely return next time.
Ashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:27 PM   #20
trapperwolves
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

It looked to me that there were a lot less people at this current swap than the last 2 or 3. You think it was bad this time you should have seen it the last couple of times.
I made sure not to wear a coat so I would'nt be one of the BO people this time--it really gets hot in there fast.
Got some great deals too--and don't forget most vendors are willing to lower their price if you just ask.

Already can't wait for the next swap.

See Ya'll There
Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 AM   #21
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I actually didnt go to this one because of how crowded it was the last 2 times. They need a bigger location, it's way to crowded. I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by the BO smell. Makes me feel like I'm in a video game store. Barf!

PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote